The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Awesome Craigslist Find!
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Head

Awesome Craigslist Find!

Found a presonus monitor station on my local Craigslist for $25.00 and they delivered. Must of been really desperate for cash.

Sent from my Vortex using Gearslutz.com App
Old 10th September 2011
or it was stolen.
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameal View Post
or it was stolen.
He included the manual and the box. I doubt it was stolen. But thanks for POSITIVE input on a good cl find.

Old 10th September 2011
you gotta admit, c.l. is pretty shady.

but honestly, i paid list for mine when i got it, and ultimately turned it around for half that maybe in a few months time.

you got a steal! (no pun intended)
Old 10th September 2011

Quote:
you got a steal! (no pun intended)
LOL. And yeah, it was my first thought too, not necessarily true though..

and congrats to the OP on finding the deal

matt
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
you gotta admit, c.l. is pretty shady
I agree. I had someone try to pay me $500 in counterfeit hundreds when i sold my Simmons sd9pk. I called the law and the law won. They took him out of my house in cuffs crying like a sissy. It was funny. But good thing i take extreme caution when dealing on cl

Old 11th September 2011
Gear Guru

I just scored some amazing mid-century chairs for $40, a little recover on the fabric and they'll be ready for mad men.

Does that count?

Gregory Scott - ubk
Old 11th September 2011
I found my mixing console on Craigslist, no joke! A beautiful Soundtracs IL3632, great deal and a REALLY great console.

DP
Old 11th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k View Post
I just scored some amazing mid-century chairs for $40, a little recover on the fabric and they'll be ready for mad men.

Does that count?

Gregory Scott - ubk

Don't bother with the recover. Photoshop will do.

Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

I scan craigslist religiously, probably 20+ times a day each and every day in whatever city I may be in at the moment.

I've had quite a few awesome deals, but for every one of them there are 300 items being listed for the same price as you could get them brand new, which kind of astounds me.

On the good deal side of things, I've found...

A first run serial number Ibanez TS9 foe $40.

A mint with original box / documentation EMU Emax SE for $25.

A Casio CZ-5000(?) for free.

A -perfect- 73(?) Rhodes suitcase for $350.

A somewhat banged up but working Hammond B3 for $90 and a tank of 13mpg gas.

An Orange "Tiny Terror" for $175.

And last but not least, the greatest of them all...

A 1959 Gibson ES345 in as good of shape as you could ask for a guitar that old for.....

$650!!!!
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Just bought a mint American made Baby Koa Taylor for $200... Made my day
Old 11th September 2011
I gotta admit every time I'm in the US I pore over craigslist. While some f the pricing is pretty bizarre (as with fleabay) I've had a few choice bargains over the years. About 5 years ago I picked up a '72 335 in excellent condition for $750 and only last month I snagged a 76 Les Paul deluxe for a grand when I was in NYC!
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I prefer the seller position on CL. It can be shady, you just have to weed through the scammers and thieves. The amount of CL crimes make it that much more satisfying when a great deal goes down. Like when I met the drummer of my band on CL, or when I sold that AT2020 for 75 bucks.
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

There are tons of bargains to be had on cg, just gotta vulture. Most of my rig is cg gear, and I could flip it all for profit.
Old 11th September 2011
This wasn't Craig's list but a Gov. auction of a drug dealers stuff. The auctioneer held up a red guitar and said we have this Redenbacker guitar and then trying to be funny, said "And I thought Orville Redenbacker only made popcorn." Long story short, my friend got a Rickenbacker 360 12 string for $50.00
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

CL

I bought my Genelec 1029a's and 1091a woofer for $200 cash from a guy who worked at a used audio gear clearinghouse, he used them on his stereo. That was my BEST deal.
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k View Post

Does that count?

Gregory Scott - ubk
Thats a great find!
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Addict
Love finding great deals! Here are a few of mine:

- Aardsync Master Sync mk2 ($100)
- Yamaha P250 ($650)
- pair of eMagic Logic controllers ($650 total)

All MINT condition.

Looking for deals is one thing, but you have to do your homework beforehand, ask the right questions, and be prepared to walk away if anything seems off.

There are still honest & genuine ppl out there, as well as the shady ones. Summon the Judge Judy in you to determine who you're dealing with!

My 2-cents.

Matt
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Got an Access Virus C desktop and Nord Lead 2 from the same guy on CL for $150 each. He said they were leftovers from a studio that just went out of business and didn't know or care what they were worth. I happened to be on CL right after he posted and I immediately called him, rushed over to test them, then forked over the $$. He thought it strange that he got so many emails within the first hour of posting - I was like, "Hmmm, must be popular synths I guess"
Old 12th September 2011
Here for the gear

Not a super amazing deal, but I just picked up a Hearback hub and 6 mixers for $700... I was pretty excited about it.
Old 12th September 2011
Here for the gear

Blue Sky sub for $60! Best yet.
Old 13th September 2011
Hearback system is a nice score! Wanna sell a coupla those mixers? 8)
Old 13th September 2011

Not to rain on the parade, but I'm generally underwhelmed with Presonus gear, these days.

There's a lot of functionality packed into that box, but ever since they expanded operations, the build quality has gone down.
(Take a look at the build quality on the MP20, for example - that thing was built like a tank, and it sounds pretty good!)

I wouldn't consider it professional grade gear, at this point.

Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Sometimes, it takes a bit for the lights to come on. In the hierarchy of selling and buying quality musical stuff, I like this forum the best, followed by "the bay", and bringing up the rear... CL. I like to get high end gear as I constantly evolve my studio. I baby all my gear, so when I sell items they are in as good of condition as when they were acquired.

Selling on CL for me has been underwhelming. You post a firm low and reasonable price with pictures, then the emails come. You then arrange to meet the perspective buyers. You also mention not to bother coming to see the item if the price does not seem fair to you. They will show up and immediately offer half of what it is worth....a total waste of time. They are then told to go away.

Now my point. You guys are brilliant. The purpose of CL is not to list, no never....but to buy, buy buy!!!. Obviously some or most of these sellers get victimized big time but never know it. Thanks for the education on the proper use of CL. hehhehheh
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Hey I own one of those Monitor stations.....I think its a great unit!! and at 25 bucks!! is the best one out there!!

I use it all the time, I have BM5A's and now a new set of AX7's and NS10's running threw it. I use all the headphone jacks and the talk back....its a very functional little unit.....That was a good get.....enjoy
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Coates View Post
This wasn't Craig's list but a Gov. auction of a drug dealers stuff. The auctioneer held up a red guitar and said we have this Redenbacker guitar and then trying to be funny, said "And I thought Orville Redenbacker only made popcorn." Long story short, my friend got a Rickenbacker 360 12 string for $50.00

I visit the police auction of stolen goods in Boulder CO every late summer-- in fact, it's coming up again, so thanks for reminding me!

Last visit got me a sweet Stumpjumper Specialized mountain bike, which I still use all the time.

Always lots of cameras and guitars at that auction. And no one ever seems to know about it, cause they barely advertise it--just a small listing in the local classifieds.
Old 13th September 2011
Found a '97 G&L ASAT Deluxe (double fat tele) in a rare black metallic finish, birdseye maple neck, OHSC, candy, hang tags, and w/o a finger print on it for $950.
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Nut

my best score to date is a wurlitzer 200A and a Rhodes 73 for $350 together. the ad said "fire damaged" but all i could see was some minor smoke damage, mostly cosmetic. the wurlitzer needs a few bells and whistles to get it back to top shape, but it plays decent. even has the sustain pedal!
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Head

I used it to barter, traded my apc40 for a like new NI Maschine. Even swap.
Old 13th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelmossobrien View Post
There are tons of bargains to be had on cg, just gotta vulture. Most of my rig is cg gear, and I could flip it all for profit.
same here

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search