The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Saw the Midas F16 today.... WTF were they thinking??? Mixers (Analog)
Old 5th July 2014
Lives for gear

It is a Behringer, no longer a Midas, and therefore below interest for me. But is sure does look Fisher-Price!

I'm happy with Allen & Heath...
Old 5th July 2014
Lives for gear

I've had both the old venice 160 and now the F24....

For build quality and feel, the nod goes to the old venice. It feels more solid, and overall more of a tank. Soundwise, the new venice does sound more open and cleaner, more modern for lack of a better word. The EQ is nicer as well.

I will agree with the OP that the faders do feel a little cheap, but they work fine. I got my F24 barely used for $1400 so can't really complain. To take the next step up in quality in a small format mixer I'd have to spend considerably more.
Old 6th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerFoote View Post
Got a U24 recently from Sweetwater and could not be happier with the sound, layout and look. (And of course the service from Sweetwater!)

There is most certainly nothing cheap about the knobs and sliders. Pots are really solid but yeah a bit cramped... Non issue for me

Really wanted the F32, but my little songwriting studio is just too small. So I got a Carvin 16 channel PA board for the keyboards and put that on top of the keyboard rack... Space problem solved!

Btw, not using the digital stuff on the U24, just the analog console part.

Roger
+1

Btw, to the person that thinks suddenly Midas is going to allow their product to be dragged through the mud...I work for a gentlemen here(live sound company and commercial installer) who deals and uses Midas almost exclusively. I pretty much used nothing but new Midas from a Pro2 and Pro1 all the way down to the Venice stuff for over a year now on every gig. From time to time an LS9(theater stuff), but mostly Midas. What he has said to me is that the Midas quality will never go down, that a big part of Behringer wanting Midas was to bring their quality up, not bring Midas down. Either, again as I was told, part of the deal was that nothing about the Midas stuff was allowed to be touched by Behringer, only implement their design into Behringer stuff. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I'm being told by someone who has dealed Midas for some time now and who I've installed and done everything from Barnum and Bailey events to large church events with who I reeeeaaallly don't think would have a good reason to make something like that up when discussing the subject with me.
Old 7th July 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by YULOGY View Post
Didn't realise behringer had bought them, that says so much....
That price is 1/2 what I was quoted at my retailer! Not that I was interested, merely curious to see how much an eye sore sells for these days.
Yup. Instead of turning everything they touch into gold like Midas, they turn everything they touch into crap.
Old 7th July 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC_Transcendent View Post
Yup. Instead of turning everything they touch into gold like Midas, they turn everything they touch into crap.
good one!
Old 9th July 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
good one!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search