The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
re-20 vs re-320 Condenser Microphones
Old 2nd September 2015
Here for the gear
Need out of warranty repair? Tough luck

Something to consider if you're thinking of buying an RE 320. EV doesn't repair them!! Below is the reply I received from EV USA

Good afternoon Terence,

We no longer repair these unfortunately. Do you have the serial number or proof of purchase? If you do, please send that along and we will check and see if it is covered by warranty and would provide you a replacement. If you are unable to find that, or if it was over 3 years since you purchased it you will have to buy a new one.

Hope this helps

I'll be replacing it, alright - with another brand of mic.
Old 2nd September 2015
Lives for gear

Wow that's crazy!!

Is it completely dead?
Old 3rd September 2015
Here for the gear
Yes. Not passing any signal. Not sure what happened. I'd like to open it up & see what happened. I don'i have the right allen key.
Old 3rd September 2015
Lives for gear

0.035" I've always had to order online, they're like cents/ea.

I can mail you one if you pm me an address.
Old 3rd September 2015
Gear Nut

I owned the re20 re27 and re320. The re20 is the only respectable one of the three in my opinion. re27 doesnt sound very natural waste of money for its price. can get a better sounding condenser easy at that point and a lot of cheaper dynamics can give you equal quality sound just obviously different sound. re20 is very clear and airy and has a good top end unlike the sm7b. i like it a lot. re320 is muddy and bassy sounding. scoop switch sucks on spoken word. re320 one of my least favorite mics ive owned. i got some old samples of them but they are early years of me using mics so i mumbled instead of talked in the samples and didnt know what to expect from the mics. looking back now. you can get a lot better mics for 200 bucks which is around price you can get a re320 if you lucky. 300 just crazy for those pieces of crap. get a at4040 sounds flat and muddy too but at least its respectable and only 150 bucks used.

crap samples condensers below are better sorry:
https://soundcloud.com/dreamcaseal/re-series

here a yeti, at2035, at4040, nd767a, nt1a in that order
https://soundcloud.com/mechacaseal/untitledk

heres a cad m179 also i think its too dark for spoken word. i currently use the nt1a for my spoken word cause its bright and clear but its not perfect either:
https://soundcloud.com/mechacaseal/cad-m179-vs-cad-u37

in my opinion as follow want a flat cheap mic get the used at4040 or sm57. want a brighter airier mic get the nt1a or re20. want something that sounds like **** get the re320 or re27

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search