The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Adding a seperate trade section for non-studio gear trades in GS classifieds?
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear
Adding a seperate trade section for non-studio gear trades in GS classifieds?

Ok, so we have a For Trade section in the classifieds, but it only allows gear for gear trades. That is very understandable and a good idea, but wouldn't in be nice if we had a separate section (not-conflicting with the normal FT) that allowed gear for non-gear / non-gear for gear trades?

E.g. I personally have many things that would be cool to trade someone for some gear, extra gear collecting dust, seconds and spares, third tier items, or just regular gear. from real estate, to collectible vehicles, to tools and household items, etc.

I also have some extra mixers, amps, and unused pieces laying around that I'd like to be able to trade for some mastering work, an office desk and chair, another computer, a cell phone, possible gift for SO, and maybe some interesting art work. I'm sure everyone is a little different in these regards...

I mean c'mon, it's not like all slutz do is engineer and all slutz have is audio gear, it may work out good to broaden our dealings a little bit. Though I'm pretty sure this separate section may see less deals/action than the normal one, it'd still serve to be quite useful. It also may be expected that non-gear items/services would possibly be less valued when traded for gear...e.g. $110 non-gear for $100 gear. Maybe not, but myself wanting gear for non-gear would be o.k. with it. (Btw, if services were to be a happening thing, it should be in writing what the deal is)

So what are your thoughts on this?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search