The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ssl x-desk custom desk! Mixers (Analog)
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

ssl x-desk custom desk!

I want to show it off, but every time I post a picture it doesn't embed as an actual picture, rather a link. how do I embed the actual pic?

I realize this post is preemptive, but wait for it.
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

assuming your file is not too big - click 'reply' then under the reply box click the 'manage attachments' button. browse for a pic of the desk, then click 'upload'. close that pop up window, then type your message and hit 'submit'
Old 10th September 2011
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

Well?
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I can't wait.
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

sorry for the delay!

ok, here are a few shots. not set up 100% yet, but you can catch my drift in terms of what I'm trying to accomplish.

still have to load the x-racks. plus the blank x-desk chassis is from a repair I had to do to the one I bought which was damaged during shipping. I asked for the chassis back as fedex was being difficult. they ended up not needing it, but it came in handy when putting the frame together (this will be where I install the x-panda).

my general idea in designing this with a friend (I did not do the build) was to fit a tabletop frame onto an ikea desk I had sitting around. happy with the way it turned out.

will post more as it comes together.

oto
Attached Thumbnails
ssl x-desk custom desk!-ssl_1.jpg   ssl x-desk custom desk!-ssl_2.jpg   ssl x-desk custom desk!-ssl_in_progress.jpg  
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by otobianki74 View Post
sorry for the delay!

ok, here are a few shots. not set up 100% yet, but you can catch my drift in terms of what I'm trying to accomplish.

still have to load the x-racks. plus the blank x-desk chassis is from a repair I had to do to the one I bought which was damaged during shipping. I asked for the chassis back as fedex was being difficult. they ended up not needing it, but it came in handy when putting the frame together (this will be where I install the x-panda).

my general idea in designing this with a friend (I did not do the build) was to fit a tabletop frame onto an ikea desk I had sitting around. happy with the way it turned out.

will post more as it comes together.

oto
sweet
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Maniac

It looks a fantastic setup. The X desk and Xpanda is definitely something I would like to have a go on really soon. I really like the idea of having 16 E series EQ's in 2 x racks.
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Addict

Looks great
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

thanks everybody, and thanks to The Beatsmith for tips on uploading the pics properly.

really digging the way this is turning out. got the x-desk wired up to apogee symphony i/o for conversion, and I'm really happy with the way this setup sounds (and looks). the x-desk master section is a step up from my previous setup.

uri
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Addict

Been using the X desk + Xpatch for a while now aswel and it really does sound great and good flexibility. I was thinking of modifying my argosy console so the Xdesk would be in the centre of the table instead off on to 1 side, if i do i will post pics.
Old 13th November 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by otobianki74 View Post
sorry for the delay!

ok, here are a few shots. not set up 100% yet, but you can catch my drift in terms of what I'm trying to accomplish.will post more as it comes together.

oto
Wow! Fantastic. Well done on a great idea well executed. Would love to see more photos when you have the job finished.
Old 13th November 2011
Lives for gear

nice
Old 14th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfSteven View Post
Been using the X desk + Xpatch for a while now aswel and it really does sound great and good flexibility. I was thinking of modifying my argosy console so the Xdesk would be in the centre of the table instead off on to 1 side, if i do i will post pics.
Argosy is great they will actually customize for you! It's $$$$ but worth it!!!
Old 16th November 2011
Solid State Logic

Sweet!

Here's the setup in our demo room - X-Desk, X-Panda, X-racks, X-Patch and Alpha Link. Not quite as custom as yours though - good job
Attached Thumbnails
ssl x-desk custom desk!-x-desk-setup.jpg  
Old 16th November 2011
Lives for gear

Wow , great custom design looks very user friendly for the reach ! Also looks like you built it without the need of rack rails so you can snug up all the units .Well done ! I'll take this design into consideration once I rebuild things .
Old 18th November 2011
Lives for gear

thanks guys!
Old 10th February 2012
Gear Nut

Just posted this on the Nice-Racks thread. David from nice-racks was nice enough to make this custom desktop rack for my x-desk/x-rack...

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/7549755-post32.html

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search