The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Plug-ins not found/inactive!?!? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 10th September 2011
  #1
Gear Nut
 

Plug-ins not found/inactive!?!?

hey guys, i'm having a bit of a problem here and it's been racking my brain the last 24 hours. Just the other day I seem to have deleted the paths to my plug-ins folder(s) by accident using the "Tech Support Ulitity" program. This includes Superior Drummer, Antares, Melodyne and my waves bundle... I was only trying to get rid of my trial version of Vocalign (cuz I was tired of it asking my to buy every time I launched PT). Now when I launch sessions the plug-in are made inactive because they cannot be found... the file folders are still there under my applications, however PT is not searching for them.... HELP!
Old 10th September 2011
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Aisle 6's Avatar
Are the plug ins still in your plug ins folder?
Old 10th September 2011
  #3
Gear Nut
 

the stock pt plug ins are still there and they work fine... however my Antares, Superior 2.0, Pod Farm 2 and Melodyne do not... however they're still right where they were first installed which was under Applications.
Old 10th September 2011
  #4
Moderator
 
narcoman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklesmd View Post
the stock pt plug ins are still there and they work fine... however my Antares, Superior 2.0, Pod Farm 2 and Melodyne do not... however they're still right where they were first installed which was under Applications.
but are they in the /library/applicationsupport/digidesign/plugins directory?
Old 11th September 2011
  #5
Gear Nut
 

so I just went ahead and re-installed the programs that were "missing". It cost me most of my day but that seemed to fix it. I still don't know how that all happened by a single click of that Tech Support Utility program... my advice is to just stay away from that thing completely, whatever it is.
Old 11th September 2011
  #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklesmd View Post
... my advice is to just stay away from that thing completely, whatever it is.
...and my advice is to backup your system on a regular basis. i learned the hard way.
Old 11th September 2011
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Ernest Buckley's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklesmd View Post
so I just went ahead and re-installed the programs that were "missing". It cost me most of my day but that seemed to fix it. I still don't know how that all happened by a single click of that Tech Support Utility program... my advice is to just stay away from that thing completely, whatever it is.
Glad you figured it out. I had similar issues recently... installed the plugs, for some strange reason, they somehow ended up in the wrong folder. I don`t remember moving them... called Waves Tech, they said that could not happen on its own.

The only thing I can figure is that I subconsciously did it to make myself crazy for a couple of hours. I guess I do that from time to time...
Top Mentioned Products
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump