The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Power "array" - How do you set up your conditioners
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Power "array" - How do you set up your conditioners

Hi Everyone,

I'm curious how people here wire the power in their studios. We have to buy a couple more decent power strips because we have too many dinky plastic ones strung together, and I'm just trying to think through the problem.

We have four 16U racks that are filled, plus about another 16U sitting on top of them, plus the computer system.

Currently we have an Equi-Tech Son-of-Q to project everything, and I honestly haven't given too much thought about what comes after it. There are a few Monster strips and a Furman Voltage Regulator (which I guess shouldn't be necessary after the Equi-Tech....) And then the dinky $6 Home Depot jobs.

Initially I just had one rack-mount power unit per rack but have outgrown that.

How much to do you guys think about this?

With the Equi-Tech sitting between the rig and the power lines, am I right to not worry too much about the quality of the rest of the conditioners? If I fill up the Equi-Tech, should I get another one, or is it okay to daisy-chain power strips? Am I thinking too hard about this?

I just don't want to walk into a fire one morning....

Adam

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search