The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Contributers and remedies of latency Dynamics Plugins
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Addict

Contributers and remedies of latency

Besides digital data transfer between converter/interface and the computer, is CPU speed the only other factor in latency? I'm speaking within the context that plug-ins are not being used. I'm excited about Thunderbolt taking care of the data-transfer speed. Is CPU speed the only other factor that needs to be addressed to alleviate latency? If so, how much CPU speed should I be looking for to get to almost zero latency? If DAW software is a factor, I'm thinking ProTools 9 (not HD).

I'm more outboard oriented. Computer savvy I am not. Please help
Old 27th February 2012
Here for the gear

Latency issues

I had some issues within the tracks ( snaps & pops ) thought it was a latency issue; a friend suggested bad grounding within the wall outlet. Tried no AC and recorded straight from the power of the computer ( DC / Batterie ) that cured it. It was a bad ground. USUALLY, NEW UPDATED DRIVERS FOR DOWNLOAD COME WITH THE PRESETS. MY STEINBERG INTERFACE / DRIVER SET THE CUBASE PROGRAM ( itself ) TO 7.813ms In & 29.406ms Out. I really don't know about latency but I leave that to them software gurus. Good luck!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search