The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Soundcard geeks please help out Control Surfaces
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Addict

Soundcard geeks please help out

I need live stage solution

SOUNDCARD =

* 4 preamps with channels
* DSP fx
* MIDI/or similar externally controllable

Come to think of anything?
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Rme ufx
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Addict

thanks,

does it have an option for starting up from a certain preset?
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

I would download the manual for it to be sure it fits your requirements.
I do know the RME FF400/800 has presets and can be used standalone with a power up configuration preset. I'm sure the UFX has the same features.
The FF400/800 does not have DSP Fx though.

RME: Fireface UFX
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Head

You can store and recall several different presets in stand alone operation. You can also make changes from the front panel controls.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear
The UFX is a very good option. I use it for some live mixing with a Behringer BCF2000. I believe Metric Halo boxes also have DSP effects, but I am not sure about midi control.

One caveat with the UFX - while there is midi control of the most used aspects of the mixer (faders, pan, solo, mute etc.), currently you cannot control DSP effects or gain of the on-board pres via midi. You can easily control the gain from the front panel of the UFX itself, so that is not a major issue. Adjusting effects via the UFX front panel and encoders can be done but it is more difficult only because there are more parameters and no graphical user interface. Still it is possible. If you set up presets with all your mixer settings including effects that helps.

I am not sure if RME plans to update their drivers or firmware to allow more fully functional midi control or not. There are many requests on the RME forum for a few tweaks to midi control that would make the UFX an incredibly powerful mixer for live work. RME is aware of the requests, but it is hard to know if they are actively working to address them.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search