The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is my KRK Rokit 6 defected? Audio Interfaces
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Head

Is my KRK Rokit 6 defected?

I just bought a pair of KRK Rokit 6 and connecting them with TRS to TRS into Duet2. The left monitor is quiet and makes no noise when everything is silent, however, the right monitor has a very faint frequency/soft static noise when I go up close to it. (it's like a constant eeeeeeeeeee noise) Very annoying!!
When I switch the monitor off from the back, the static goes away. When I unplug the cord, the static goes away. It only started doing it this morning and it's bugging me! Do I have a defected monitor? At first I thought it was the cord, so I plugged the cord from the left monitor into the right, but it still does it. And also when I mute the monitors on the Duet, the right is the only one that still makes the noise. So maybe something's up with the monitor? What should I do to troubleshoot this?
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Head

Is it the rokit 6 first generation, if so yes the are a little noisy

Sent from my LG-P509 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Head

Nope these are 2nd generation.
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

send it back and request a new one.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search