The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pedal Power Help! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 9th September 2011
Here for the gear

Pedal Power Help!

Hi Guys,

Been reading this forum for a while now, this is my first post, couldn't find an answer anywhere online so I thought if anyone can help me it will be someone on here!

Im setting up my pedal board at the moment and I'm looking to get a power supply to power all my pedals, however they have a few different voltages between them.

My current set up comprises:

Blackstar HT Dual (16v)
Korg Pitchblack (9v)
Cry Baby Wah (9v)
EHX #1 echo (9v +-)

The EHX pedal uses the weird switching power supply. I'm also looking to hook up my Sennheiser EW172 G3 wireless system onto my pedal board which uses a 12v supply.

So as you can see, I don't have very many pedals at all, I just have annoying ones which can't share power voltages!

Any advice or thoughts on the best way to get power to these would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind spending a bit of money, I wouldnt want to buy anything cheap and risk jeopardising my tone.

Cheers in Advance.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

I have a PP2+. One of my old Ibanez pedals required 18V so I wired two ports in parallel. You should contact Voodoo about the 16 volt thing. They might suggest using two ports at 18V with a resistor inline to take it down to 16V. Or maybe the pedal will handle 18V?

The Voodoo guys are very helpful.
DaveT
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I don't know what your pedalboard real estate is like, but the Burkey Six is TINY, variable voltage on each (9V-12V-15V-18V), and has a huge transformer in it. Dead quiet on my board. Not sure what to do about your 16V pedal, though. Reverse barrel connectors are available through Burkey - but through "whoever else" too. Their bigger thing is even more variable, with battery sag adjustments, etc.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search