The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Novation Automap: Will my plug-ins disappear from old sessions? Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Novation Automap: Will my plug-ins disappear from old sessions?

I can't find any straight answer in the manual or online.

I know that the Novation automap renames your plug-ins and moves the originals to the "unused" folder.

Does this mean that if I open a session from a year ago my computer will think I don't have the original plug-in anymore?

Let's say I wrap echoboy and now it's called echoboy(automap).dpm

When I open an old session, will Pro Tools think that I no longer have the original echoboy.dpm installed?

That would make the Novation Automap software pointless for me.

Does anyone have experience with how this automap concept works in the real world?

Thanks
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

no, automap will make a copy of the dll, map it and rename it... you still willl have the unchanged plugins also.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taturana View Post
no, automap will make a copy of the dll, map it and rename it... you still willl have the unchanged plugins also.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am specifically looking to use Automap with Pro Tools. What DAW do you use?

According to the manual, it doesn't make a copy of RTAS plug-ins. It renames the plug-in and puts the old one in the "usused" folder, which Pro Tools doesn't check when it opens.

So, I'm trying to find out if my plug-ins will still be available with in older sessions of Pro Tools specifically. Thanks.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

iirc (according to the manual, I don't use pro-tools), the older sessions will just load whatever version is there, which will now be the automapped version. A little nicer than the VST model, which you have to replace it in old sessions if you want them automapped.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Guru

what about if your working on the same project with someone else who is remote and uses a different computer, and they don't have automap ?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search