The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How Much Would You Pay? Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 26th March 2006
Lives for gear

How Much Would You Pay?

I'm in the market for an outboard multi fx processor. And have been for some time. A friend of mine has let me borrow a Eventide Eclipse with the chance to buy it. I have been trying it out for a few days and I like the sounds in it. I mainly want a processor for chorus and reverb and a few other odd things. It definitely sounds better than my MPX-550 so I wouldn't mind having it. How much would you pay for a used box like this. It has the 2.0 software load and is about 2.5 or 3 years old, but is in perfect shape. It doesn't even have rack rash. Keep in mind it's $99.00 to upgrade to 3.0.
Also, what other boxes are worth the money in that price range. I think my friend mentioned $1500.00 as a start point. And that I could pay in installments if I like. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 26th March 2006
Gear Addict

yeah, go for it!
Eventide rules, that´s for shure.
You may also want to thry out the TC Electronic FireworX.
But for 1500, I´d get the Eventide.
Old 26th March 2006
Lives for gear

Do you think I should upgrade it?
Old 27th March 2006
Lives for gear

Looking at your studio link, I'd say converters (Digi 002) are your studio's weakness. I'd make upgrading your A to D conversion priority #1.
Old 27th March 2006
Lives for gear

Yeah, I'm getting ready to buy an Apogee 200. But that's another issue. Back to the question. Do you think I should get the Eclipse?
Old 27th March 2006
Lives for gear

Eventides ARE cool...did you check EBay for pricing -- completed items search? I dunno how the price compares to market value.

The Rosetta 200's cool, but you're only gonna get 2 channels of I/O with it. If that suits you, cool, but a lot of people on the board have gone with the 800 simply because the $$$/channel is a lot lower. Also, on the off chance you dump the Digi and upgrade to HD (or PT Mix), getting a card with the 800 would allow you to track 8 at once -- enough for drums (sorta). If you have a 200, you'll need another interface for sure if you upgrade.

Just a thought.

Are you using it mostly in mixing, or is it a part of your front-end tracking (guitars?).
Old 27th March 2006
Lives for gear

Yeah, the master plan is to get an 800 and a 200 eventually. I want the 200 for monitoring and 2 buss duties. This fx box just raised it's head and I'm wondering if I should pass on it or just grab it.
Old 27th March 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0w
Yeah, the master plan is to get an 800 and a 200 eventually. I want the 200 for monitoring and 2 buss duties. This fx box just raised it's head and I'm wondering if I should pass on it or just grab it.
Just eyeballing ebay, they sell pretty regularly for anywhere from $1400 to $1900 and there's one with a 'buy it now' available now for $1650. So in other words, it's not the deal of the century. If you need to pass it up for other things right now, there will be others though you may end up spending a few bucks more. That said, $1500 looks like a decent price. The bigger question raised is converters, but specifically that you shouldn't intend to bus out and back in ala DA/Eventide Eclipse/AD if the AD/DA is only so so.
Old 27th March 2006
Lives for gear

Yeah, I know the whole ad/da thing. I would not use the digi converters for this application. If I were to use this box it would be s/pdif in s/pdif out. So Converters would not be a question. I just wondered if people thought this was a decent box for the money, or if I could do better with something else? Every one seems to be really worried about my converters.
Old 29th March 2006
Lives for gear

Mics, pres, and A-to-D's, that's what I always say

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search