The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Personal Monitoring Independent Control? Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
Old 9th September 2011
Here for the gear

Personal Monitoring Independent Control?

Hey guys,

I am re-building my personal monitoring system for live/studio/rehearsal use, and I need some advice.

The main part of this unit is an 8 channel mixer for bringing sends from my drum mics and the rest of the band. This goes into some other gear but the mixer is my brain of the unit.

I need a way to bring in a stereo audio send (at this moment coming from my DAW), and split it into two channels so that I can control L and R independently from each other.
This will act as a hearing-aid type device, because my left ear is nowhere near as strong as my right, so I want to boost the level of the left without touching the right (and without resorting to panning etc).

Ideally, I believe a (1xfemale TRS to 2xmale TS) cable would be the way to go. But I can't find these online anywhere which leads me to believe I should be doing things differently

any help is appreciated
thanks!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search