The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bock 195 Issue Condenser Microphones
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Nut

Well it seems to be a mixed bag of replies, I guess I will put this one down to experience and send it back. Shame though...
Old 29th September 2011
Lives for gear

HI. Just saw this thread and wanted to chime in.

I've had exactly the same problem with my Bock 195 I bought early this year. It didn't sound right and it distorted on relatively close mic'd drums or Elec guitars, even with pad on mic and pre fully engaged. At the request of transaudio I tried many pre's and instruments. I finally sent it back for repair (with sound samples). Apparently they have had a bad batch of resistors that they've had to replace that were faulty.

I have edited this post since I first wrote it, since David has got in touch with me here and I appreciate his effort at trying to resolve the problem.

cheers,

Last edited by JoFo; 4th October 2011 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: David got in touch with me here on gearslutz
Old 17th October 2011
Gear Nut

My problem is a little stranger...I've got my 195 going into a 6176 with the comp disengaged. When the the pad is ON in distorts quite easily when I'm singing loud. There is still distortion when the pad is off but not as much. It's funny - the more I raise the gain on the pre, the less distortion I hear. Although there is still a fair amount of distortion if I'm singing loud enough.

I can't seem to dial the 610 to a point where there is not distortion.

Is this a common problem? Are 195's and UA610's a bad match??
Old 18th October 2011
Gear Nut

Anyone???
Old 27th October 2011
Gear Nut

Ah figured it out. You need to engage the pad on the mic. It has too much output and therefore distorts the input on the 610.

This is strange as I was lead to believe it had a relatively low output.

Hope this helps someone else...
Old 27th October 2011
I don't find it to have a hot output, so much as a sufficient one.

It is also my experience, that some of the UA 610's I have used, clip on input way too easily.
Old 27th October 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Mixwell View Post
I don't find it to have a hot output, so much as a sufficient one.

It is also my experience, that some of the UA 610's I have used, clip on input way too easily.

Yeah I've heard that as well...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search