The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Participate to a New Music Product Design Other Controllers
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Addict

Participate to a New Music Product Design

Dear GS Friends,

I've been on this Forum for a while since, just like you, I'm a gear's addicted... and that's the reason why I want to share with you this message today. I've done several music related works, from recording studio conception & cabling, studio tracking & editing, music trade show demos, etc... as well as R&D work for over 4 years for Open Labs, until 2010.

I'm no longer with any music company now and today I'll use all my experience of R&D, Development Manager, as well as my musician knowledges and wishes to start my own business to develop, what I believe soon to become one of the most innovative products.

Have you ever been frustrated to not have a product that satisfy you and fit your specific needs? Have you ever wish you could participate to the development to have a better product?

I did it very often... And so you can too now, starting by participating to an online survey here: http://kwiksurveys.com?u=New_Music_Product_Design

I'm sincerely convinced I do have in conception a product that will literally change the game for music creation. I know this "change the game" has been used so many times... and indeed it won't be a product for absolutely and virtually everyone, but at least this time, you can participate to make it better for you. Actually, it's completely different from everything I did until today and in my knowledge, there's no equivalence in the world today...

By participating to the survey, some of you might also receive (or not) a very special gift.

Note: The gift receipts list, the nature of the project, as well as the description of the future product will be maintained confidential until the official announcement of the product.

The very complete survey do contain 139 questions in 16 pages if you reply to all domains. However, there's shortcuts if you aren't concerned by a specific domain. It's long but in purpose... So just chill out and thank you so much for taking 10-15 min of your time to participate to help to develop a better music instrument.

This is not a Spam, so if you aren't interested in, just ignore this message.

But if you do care about this message, feel free to go fill the survey and send the link to your music friends (and friends only, please respect netiquette and don't spam anyone). Just help to spread the word out there

Take Care,
Phil
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Nut

I made though it and now everything is blue.

heh
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear
Maybe if it asked for personal information at the end I might have waded though to see what kinds of gear/application questions were asked.

But the whole thing strikes me as odd. Game changing audio developments typically come about because someone sees some connection between some effect of a circuit that isn't in the data books, and a potential application. To me it smacks of pretty amazing hubris to think that someone can pick an application from a poll and then just develop something that no other audio designer in the world hasn't.

I've worked with some pretty amazing analog engineers over the years. Some of whom have their names on a significant proportion of the audio equipment the general public comes in contact with. Others who patented circuits that changed the game in analog video or signal processing. They may have had generalized target applications, but the game changing leap came about because they were able recognize a useful attribute in something else they were working on, and work out the magic correlation. Inspiration meets prepared genius. I've never seen inspiration on demand work out. At least to a "game changing" level.

Best of luck.
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Addict

Thank you Burster and other guys for your participation.

@Aeolian: You're just thinking wrong... but it's OK, you just don't and can't know what's going on... Then you'll understand later; it's all good
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

I too am suspicious of "game changing." And especially coming from Open Labs? You did learn from mistakes right?

I would be more seduced to participate in something that is narrow focused that appeals to just a fraction of audio/production users. A focused tool that does a specific task better than any other available tool.

As this industry grows, I think specific tools are what's needed.

As a side note...there is a huge missing hole at the moment...NI discontinued Kore, and there is nothing else as powerful and flexible as it was. It's going to be missed! HINT! All that is needed is to make it a bit more user friendly than NI did. HINT!
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Addict

We always learn from our mistakes... That's a life's rule

I can't openly and publicly say yet what it's gonna be, but the thing I can say is that it's NOT gonna be anything close to what Open Labs does...

Actually I haven't find a single product on earth that does what my product will do... (and trust me, I did search a LOT for myself and that's why I decide to start a this business and do it by myself).

My product won't please every single musician on earth... and I won't even try to... it's clearly impossible. But at least, I will satisfy the best I can the one what would be interested by this product... Lot of people might be surprised when we will go public with it

So, stay tuned

Phil
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Just completed the survey.

Based on all the questions it sounds to me like another Open Labs idea.

Personally, if someone could just pick up where Kore2 left off, I think there would be a market for that. There are currently no alternatives, and nothing that even comes close to what Kore achieved.

Sometimes I think this industry is regressing.
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
Based on all the questions it sounds to me like another Open Labs idea.
You're just wrong... but it's OK because you can't and don't know, so it's all good

As said, I mention the fact I was at Open Labs to give you some hint that I don't just come out of the blue... At Open Labs, I also did work with tons of other company developers, hardware, software, artists, etc... So I come with something serious and new... not just a new version of Open Labs or NI Products.

I could not mention my OL past, but some people would have been suspicious that I don't have any experience or even suspect that I haven't done already years of research to come at this point, or even use my experience at Open Labs or even before when I was Chief Architect Officer for 7 years on military programs for the Army...

So now you know that, do you find any link or similitudes with any military stuff then? I don't think so.... so probably no more than Open Labs stuff neither

That's all I will say for now... I have ton of work!

Stay tuned,
Phil
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Addict

Up!! Survey's still available
Old 28th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spid View Post
You're just wrong... but it's OK because you can't and don't know, so it's all good
You do realize that "it's all good" really means "**** you" don't you?

-R
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search