The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
if higher sample rate doesnt matter then why .... Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
My first cousin once removed recorded The Stones..
Even serendibite? Nice gig!
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

A true gem ! Mr Lloyd
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

WE HAVE ALL YOUR PEAK!

Worst thread ever.

Now I gotta get back to work and violate Nyquist with some non-linear processing.
Old 14th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldeanalogueguy View Post
multiquote on GS does not work with my pc with xppro and firefox

GS has a number of bugs
some pages wont even format correctly just entering text
Anything is possible, of course, web browsers can have plugins that may interfere with the javascript that usually runs sophisticated browsing interfaces like BB systems. That said, multi-quote does work on my PC with XP and Firefox.

It's possible of course -- particularly in light of your comments about multi-quote not working in the context of you inserting new material into the middle of my quotes -- that you're misunderstanding the intended function of multi-quote.

To belabor what may be obvious: to use multi-quote as intended, you click the multi-quote button on multiple posts in the order you wish to quote them and then, on the final post you wish to quote, click the regular quote button and you should then see all the posts quoted separately in the order you clicked the multi-quote buttons in a post edit window.

It does not split a single quote into separate paragraphs -- which would seem to have been what you may have had in mind by inserting your own comments into others' quotes.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
Anything is possible, of course, web browsers can have plugins that may interfere with the javascript that usually runs sophisticated browsing interfaces like BB systems. That said, multi-quote does work on my PC with XP and Firefox.
Browser settings and/or compatibility with the online app is usually the culprit there. Not always of course but it's a good place to start your troubleshooting for sure.
Old 14th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboJets View Post
Browser settings and/or compatibility with the online app is usually the culprit there. Not always of course but it's a good place to start your troubleshooting for sure.
You bet. My day job is web developer and delivering consistent results across browsers and phones has been and remains an absurdly herculean effort thanks to both disregard for and manipulation of the various standards processes. That said, since OAG's mention of muti-quote was in regard to his insertion of his own comments into a single quote by someone else, it's not too big a leap to wonder if he might simply be misunderstanding the intended function.
Old 14th September 2011
Or, to paraphrase someone misquoting someone else, every time someone posts in this thread, a brain cell loses its wings.
Old 14th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post
Or, to paraphrase someone misquoting someone else, every time someone posts in this thread, a brain cell loses its wings.
heh heh
Old 14th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaSmile View Post
Pscho..take a chill...this thread IS about higher sample rates...well originally anyway
Barely! The OP started a deliberately provocative thread, then proceded to derail it with his own pedantry and insistence that his terminology, and not the accepted terminology, is correct. How you can claim to be a maths tutor (you know, where pi is never quoted to it's full infinite length) and then argue that a sinc function can't be used in practice because the implementation is finite, is beyond me.

Anyway, I'm perfectly chilled...just don't like being called things I'm not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaSmile View Post
and what I was referring to was you saying a while ago that Logic was blurry sounding and now rampaging whenever you can about how all DAW's sound the same...this is confusing for the kids...but no biggie reallyheh
I would never have said that! My viewpoint, for as long as I've been aware of the discussion, is that they DO all sound the same. I've never posted otherwise, and if you took it as such I'm afraid it was either you misunderstanding me, me not making myself clear, or an error in quotation. I've certainly never held this belief, so I most definitely wouldn't post it! You'll have to post the exact link to let me try and work out what I did mean to say, or just accept you're wrong!

And anyway, I believe your words were that I "love to" do this, now you're backtracking and saying I've done it once (and I even dispute that). I got in a fight once when I was 12, does that mean I "love to fight"? honestly, cheap shot and a crap shot at that.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Maybe LS and PM could take this offline so we can get back to hotdogs, beer, and helping OAG figure out how to use multi-quote.

That was more fun...since this has gone so far off-topic anyway.

All those in favor say "Aye"
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
...so we can get back to hotdogs, beer, and helping OAG.....
OAGer - I like that.

Aye
Old 15th September 2011
Quote:
Maybe LS and PM could take this offline so we can get back to hotdogs, beer, and helping OAG figure out how to use multi-quote.

That was more fun...since this has gone so far off-topic anyway.

But.. they're so close to ironing this out... heh

Me... I felt like I got off with what I could almost take as a compliment from LisaSmiles...
Quote:
... blue is the guy at the table that prides himself at being the one to always look at things "from a different angle"
I like that.

But, sadly, it's not strictly true.

I'm actually a cowardly sycophant who tries to figure out who's actually right in any given circumstance and then sides with them.

heh

I remember my introduction to Dan Lavry.

It was some years ago and I was holding forth with the (rather embarrassingly incorrect) notion that sample rate conversion from an 'even multiple' would tend to produce better results and Dan Lavry came into the thread and politely but firmly handed me my head.

I asked myself, Who's this Dan Lavry guy to tell me what's what?!?

Then I did the research into just who this Dan Lavry guy actually was, answered my own question, and shut the hell up. heh

Actually, I think Narcoman may have tried to straighten me out, as well, come to think of it. And maybe a couple of other of you guys. I may not have been immediately forthcoming with it then, but, Thanks!
Old 15th September 2011
Yeh, a similar thing happened to me with the often put forward theory that not using all the bits of the digital scale reduces resolution. It's put forward so often that I never questioned it, and in fact Alan Parson still states the same incorrect fact in his recently made DVD set, but Dan pointed out the obvious reason why that's not true. I don't kiss anyone's butt because they are more famouser than me (else I'd spend all my time kissing people's butts and that wouldn't be pleasant since only a small number of them would be super-models), but he set me straight on that one, after I bloviated publically.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post

Ladies and Germs, we have a winner!
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

... they must have all been my brain cells, 'cz I don't get that ^
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlloyd View Post
... they must have all been my brain cells, 'cz I don't get that ^
Dean did a double gainer with a half twist on "It's a Wonderful Life". What a twisted command of the English language. Odb should be taking notes.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
You bet. My day job is web developer and delivering consistent results across browsers and phones has been and remains an absurdly herculean effort thanks to both disregard for and manipulation of the various standards processes. That said, since OAG's mention of muti-quote was in regard to his insertion of his own comments into a single quote by someone else, it's not too big a leap to wonder if he might simply be misunderstanding the intended function.
maybe
but i dont think so

tell me what you think it does

i think it keeps previous quotes so they cn be seen too
Old 15th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldeanalogueguy View Post
maybe
but i dont think so

tell me what you think it does

i think it keeps previous quotes so they cn be seen too
Well, it took me a minute to figure out how it was supposed to work back when it first appeared, so that's part of why it crossed my mind that you might (very reasonably, mind you) be expecting it to do something other than what it does.

FWIW, I layed out how it works in this post a few back: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/7031175-post244.html

But, of course, it is also entirely possible that some setting or plug in in your current browser/setup is breaking the multi-quote.
Old 15th September 2011

Quote:

Actually, I think Narcoman may have tried to straighten me out, as well, come to think of it. And maybe a couple of other of you guys. I may not have been immediately forthcoming with it then, but, Thanks!
then it's time, for a beer.heh
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Is that why they call you Narcoman? ... drink in the morning, periodically fall asleep throughout the rest of the day
Old 15th September 2011

Quote:
Is that why they call you Narcoman? ... drink in the morning, periodically fall asleep throughout the rest of the day
na.

Just the copious amounts of class A's at every given moment. It's how I explore a higher plan ...man!!

Oh and selling it on shady street corners.

dammit - where's that needle and bag gone.....? Oh and you BETTER have ma money by five tonight.....
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Well, at least you've not hit the class ABs yet ... that's the kind of crossover that distorts your higher plan ...man!!
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Seriously, guys. Girls. Engineers of Earth. It's inarguable that taking higher sample rates is the only way to go. That's why I'm making a new machine. A sample rate of 256 Bit 1,572MHz. That's right. I'm sampling at a rate of 1.5 Tetrahertz a second. Should sound pretty good imo.
Old 15th September 2011

Quote:
Well, at least you've not hit the class ABs yet ... that's the kind of crossover that distorts your higher plan ...man!!
heh
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear
All your intersample peak are belong to us.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncamorea View Post
LMFAO
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncamorea View Post

arr your base are digital
no peakies in analogie
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto View Post

Oy. In addition to having one of the better resumes on GS (in terms of commerciality, at least) this guy is one of the most generous with his time, shares a ton of info, and even took the time to critique a large-scale mix-off with a bunch of folks here. Frankly, you're totally off-base and outta line on this ...RIGS - Ken Lewis - YouTube. If you haven't heard of Ken or his work, that's your problem; the dude is as real a deal as it gets.
actully that video is hillarious...if he's for real, I'm a turtle.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyC View Post
...if he's for real, I'm a turtle.
You're a turtle. You're a big turtle. Mandy Chelonioidea, that's what we'll call you.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Carreta carreta ... I literally stumbled (on a hired push bike ,quite some downhill run with a basket on the front!) across Daphne beach on zakynphos where they return to lay their eggs

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search