The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Jeanne Audio Microphones Condenser Microphones
Old 7th September 2011
Here for the gear

Jeanne Audio Microphones

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything/owns/used any of the Jeanne Audio mic collection. They are based in Australia and they make reissues of various vintage mics, i.e. U47FET, U47T, C12, U87 and some RCA ribbons. They are pretty well priced as well ranging from $500-1100.

Cheers.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

...I'm pretty sure from the looks and information provided on the website that these are sourced from the same manufacturer in China as Advanced Audio microphones (originally designed by Dave Thomas and distributed in Canada...excellent quality)...you can compare most of them directly with their AA counterparts:

Advanced Audio Microphones
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidvybes View Post
...I'm pretty sure from the looks and information provided on the website that these are sourced from the same manufacturer in China as Advanced Audio microphones (originally designed by Dave Thomas and distributed in Canada...excellent quality)...you can compare most of them directly with their AA counterparts:

Advanced Audio Microphones
Don't you think each company has given unique specs to the manufacturer?
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
Don't you think each company has given unique specs to the manufacturer?
...while it is possible, my experience examining a few mics from this particular manufacturer reveals few or minimal variations...the variations I've seen are more often cosmetic than circuit/capsule/transformer related...John Peluso and Dave Thomas were some of the first to request "upgraded" modified versions from this Chinese manufacturer...Peter Bloch has also requested a modified design for his Stellar Sound microphones, as did Avantone for theirs...but some of the variations are very minor...these "upgraded" stock microphones are all very good, maybe some of the best out of China...

...this particular manufacturer also supplies more basic, lesser quality versions of some of these mics to companies like Alctron, who then supply retail brands like Apex and Nady...but the newer "upgraded" versions, like these branded for Jeanne, are much improved and offer substantial sonic improvement...
Old 7th September 2011
Here for the gear

cheers kidvybes, im thinking of getting the 47FET style mic, Shall post back with results
Old 28th March 2012
Gear Maniac

Anyone else used one?
Old 29th September 2016
the JA-77X sound good on female vocal and acoustic guitar. Still trying to figure out the original retail price... anybody knows ?
Old 4th July 2017
Gear Maniac

I've got one of the JA-251 tube microphones from Jeaanne Audio.

Really like the vintage tube sound it gives to everything put in front of it, here's a track with the vocal recorded using the 251.

https://app.box.com/s/brq7tyswcmnlvkzbotdd0fp8ze3alzxl
Old 6th October 2018
Here for the gear

Ja-87f fet

Sup folks,

I've got a good reference track for the Jeanne Audio JA-87F FET Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone.

Recorded by my brother in his timber house in Brisbane, Australia.

YouTube

I hope you can get a good idea of how good the mic is...

I paid $349 AUD for it and it's worth every cent AND more.

Cheers,
Alf.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search