The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
So, Sweetwater doesn't have a product called 003 by Avid or Digidesign Audio Interfaces
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

So, Sweetwater doesn't have a product called 003 by Avid or Digidesign

So, Sweetwater doesn't have a product called 003 by Avid or Digidesign. But it is still on the Avid site. I've been a little out of the loop, is there something going on?
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head

i noticed that recently as well. A client of mine was looking to purchase one, and ended up going the Ebay route. My guess is the new MBox Pro took over.. or maybe theyre holding out for a 004?
Old 6th September 2011
Not sure where 00x units have scurried off to, but the MBOX pro, is a GREAT interface for the money. I recently installed this interface into a clients studio and I was very impressed with its build and sonic quality, as well as the features. It sounded MILES better to me than the 002/3 box, to me anyway....

FWIW, I thought it was closer [similar not the same] to the HD I/O's sound quality, as I've been using those on recent projects and I really felt a familiar sense with these. Pretty deep for any MBOX that I've heard, with a dry/linear quality. Also low noise, and I really dig the monitor quality and headphone amps. The Attenuator sounded great to me, with a Pair of SOLO6BE's.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Adam, you are always so helpful.

And you sold me my Apogee Ensemble AND talked me out of another unit that wouldn't have been as good.

Listen to the man!

-Evan
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Mixwell View Post
the MBOX pro, is a GREAT interface for the money.
Mmmh, I could be wrong but it seems to me that RME is not very popular in the US. Try a Fireface 400 for example, it is the same price range as the Mbox pro and it is so much better, both sonic and feature-wise.
Old 6th September 2011
They all got the clearance boot after being discontinued a few months ago.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head

I second the RME products. great set of features. We have one of the new Mbox minis for editing and the build quality of the now Avid branded products is great. definitely feels a lot more solid than the previous gen. Does sound better too.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Gearslutz.com App
Old 7th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RARStudios View Post
Adam, you are always so helpful.

And you sold me my Apogee Ensemble AND talked me out of another unit that wouldn't have been as good.

Listen to the man!

-Evan
Hey Evan, I am happy to hear of the success with the purchase of your Ensemble, and that I was able be of assistance for you. Your kind words are much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuberizer View Post
Mmmh, I could be wrong but it seems to me that RME is not very popular in the US. Try a Fireface 400 for example, it is the same price range as the Mbox pro and it is so much better, both sonic and feature-wise.
Hello Tuberizer,

Yes, well, actually, I think you will find they are popular products everywhere, which are original and hitting a specific need, which other interfaces might not be able to. I recommend them to my clients, when I qualify their needs for them. Lets just say that I think the latest generation of all these converters are a step in the right direction. I think RME makes a product for every day of the week, and their interfacing options are vast, and hi-technology strong. However, when it comes to using PT9, then it is clear for me, that the AVID interfaces are working best, operationally speaking - but this is not to say these RME interfaces will not work excellently as well. I have faith that they will. I recently had the pleasure of using the new UFX unit w/ PT9 and I was also highly impressed with its features and sonics.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

i still think there is a market for an upgraded 003 type interface. something a little more high end to compete with the sapphire 54 or whatever that is called.
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Head

I hope they release something to compete with something more hi end than the sapphire liquid 56!! To compete with RME, Apogee Ensemble...

Or not?
Old 8th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by masturfator View Post
I second the RME products. great set of features. We have one of the new Mbox minis for editing and the build quality of the now Avid branded products is great. definitely feels a lot more solid than the previous gen. Does sound better too.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Gearslutz.com App

+1000000000 on RME. The FF800 rocks. Total Mix is amazing. The Digi00X and M-boxes were absolutely underwhelming.

Old 8th September 2011
Gear Addict

I got a Ensemble and I love how sexy they sound. I have a 003 Factory I don't use since I got that Apogee. Selling it the 003 for 600$
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear
Well, I would love to see something like a all in from apogee with rosetta conversion in it, because well were in the next gen! So the older tech should be cheaper I would think. A dream interface to me would be a ensemble like interface with rosetta 800 conversion at the same price. Or for a little more something like that with 2 api pres built in a all in one and just have the rest 6 as I/O with just the two high end pres.

Looks like they went that way with the Symphony and added their own pres making it a option. A nice budget option with the last gen, high end tech in the same fashion would be cool.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqye View Post

+1000000000 on RME. The FF800 rocks. Total Mix is amazing. The Digi00X and M-boxes were absolutely underwhelming.

RME converters in front of MBox........
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
RME converters in front of MBox........
i want something with 24 analog inputs with high end conversion.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Mixwell View Post
Not sure where 00x units have scurried off to, but the MBOX pro, is a GREAT interface for the money. I recently installed this interface into a clients studio and I was very impressed with its build and sonic quality, as well as the features. It sounded MILES better to me than the 002/3 box, to me anyway....

FWIW, I thought it was closer [similar not the same] to the HD I/O's sound quality, as I've been using those on recent projects and I really felt a familiar sense with these. Pretty deep for any MBOX that I've heard, with a dry/linear quality. Also low noise, and I really dig the monitor quality and headphone amps. The Attenuator sounded great to me, with a Pair of SOLO6BE's.
I totally agree. I´ve been using my new MBox Pro for about 6 months & it has never given me any trouble + it just sounds fantastic. The multi button is a really handy feature & a true timesaver.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

I've recently thought that the Avid Omni and a Thunderbolt connection would be a fantastic 003 replacement, albeit more expensive.

I'd hit it.
Old 9th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff16years View Post
i want something with 24 analog inputs with high end conversion.
Sounds like you're looking for the SSL Alphalink. 24 channels of i/o and either ADAT, MADI, or the DeltaLink (PT|HD) option to connect to a DAW.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search