The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Recommendations for a great Nashville or L.A. demo studio w/ producer and musicians
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Recommendations for a great Nashville or L.A. demo studio w/ producer and musicians

I'm looking for recommendations for a great studio in Nashville or L.A. where I can send my demo's and have them bring in some great musicians, vocalists and producer to make great sounding masters. I've talked some with Kim Copeland in Nashville and she seems to have a very well put together program and her before/after examples are excellent...and she is very nice. I also like the way she brings in all the musicians at the same time to rehearse the song and bounce ideas off eachother for a little bit before recording. Her prices, although very deserved I'm sure, are probably a little out of my range if I am to get very many songs done this year. I just need a good place where I can pay the fee and know that they are going to bring in top-notch players and develop the song enough to produce a great sounding, professional and finished product.

Note: I am NOT doing any country music. My songs range from acoustic and electric pop guitar rock, piano ballads and classic-ish rock to hard rock. I'm also in Portland, Or so I need my songs to be in the hands of a producer with a great ear for what a song needs in a variety of genres. ***I will also post the songs on web sites for paid downloads. My intention is to make money from my songs via downloads. That's what I tell the IRS each year.

Lastly, I want brutal honesty. If that's what it costs for good work, then that's what it costs. I'd rather be told that than referred to a place where I'll get mediocre results.

thanks in advance,
Steve
Old 6th September 2011
You can probably avoid paying card rates for this type of thing, but really any engineer in Nashville should be able to pull together a few top notch session guys (I'm guessing you want drums, bass, guitar and maybe keyboards?) and if your song is charted it out have it done in a few hours.

I'd budget $100 per song for the musicians, $300 a day or $50 an hour for a good, well equipped studio, and $25 to $50 an hour for the engineer.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

PM sent.
Old 24th December 2012
Here for the gear

Directimagestudio.com
They've been in business for 15 years , Emmy award winning studio , producer , vocal coach and engineer

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search