The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mixers with DAW control
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

Mixers with DAW control

Never mind the obvious, in that none of the small format mixing manufacturers has yet to release a desk with a QWERTY keyboard INCLUDED in its design, why is it that any of them that say they have built in DAW controls never have any more info on that claim than that?

You might see somthing about HUI protocol, which I assume automatically means you get pan, solo, mute and fader control. But Controller manufacturers go to great lengths to tell you about all the editing controls and direct access to plugs or even just the channel EQ & dynamics.

The lack of these details in the promo brochures makes me think that these edit controls or plugin access are NOT included in the small format consoles "with DAW control." Is this true? If so, why even bother to implement the option? Anyone with one of these consoles will still need a REAL CONTROLLER, and still have the ergonomic problem of controller placement while sharing space with the desk, which I suspect, is why so many people are just going ITB.

I can see not being able to run multiple DAW's (Like an MC Pro) from a desk but they can't set it up so that you can really run your primary DAW? It's been over a decade now since HUI & MIDI protocols came included with digital desks. Why isn't there any more development on this neccessary feature?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search