The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mackie 1640i into Cubase Latency Issues: help! Mixers (Analog)
Old 6th September 2011
Here for the gear

Mackie 1640i into Cubase Latency Issues: help!

We're running Cubase 4 with our Mackie Onyx 1640i and we're having pretty bad latency issues. Have tried adjusting latency, loopback test, etc. Is anyone else having these issues? Does anyone have a solution to this very irritating problem?
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear
What is the lowest buffer setting you can use without glitches/pops?

What are your system specs? What firewire chip are you using to connect the unit?

Maybe a little more specific info and someone can help you out.
In the meantime, download DPC latency checker and run it while your using the unit.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head

Are you adjusting latency from Cubase or after you've opened it? It doesn't always play nicely with 3rd party ASIO drivers...so make sure you adjust your buffer size, then open Cubase. Dunno if this will help, hope it does.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

How are you managing to have latency issues with an analog mixer? Even if it took the audio 5 min to get to and from the computer over it's FW connection, you wouldn't hear that, except that it would start playback 5 min after you hit play.

You're not monitoring via software mixer are you?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search