The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How do you bring attention to your studio website?
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Head

How do you bring attention to your studio website?

Where/how do you advertise to direct people to your website? I can't imagine just being ranked high in a search engine would be enough.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Sounds like you are asking how to advertise your advertisement?

For us the website place for clients that we already have to find and download setup sheets, room layouts, equipment list, contact info, parking and driving directions, map.

Having some pretty pictures and credits just reinforce the fact that we are a serious studio, and that we are open for business.

In other words, the "selling" is already done, and the website is really just a business resource.

Being ranked high up comes from a unique, smart name, and amount of activity.

A website address is a poor-man's trademark, so if someone else already has your studio's name as their URL, I would strongly consider changing it.

Just some info for you. I'm sorry I can't help you, but I know that there are tons of businesses that do that sort of thing (increasing web address visibility).

Greg
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by splendiferous View Post
Where/how do you advertise to direct people to your website? I can't imagine just being ranked high in a search engine would be enough.
you have a blog
and a newsletter
put ads in the local music rag

sell merch with your www on it
gig gig gig and build a following

get famous and go on leno

there is no way you can afford to advertise a web site unless you are selling a million bux of infomercial crap
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Blog, frequent poster on many forums with the signature linking to the site, I write a lot of free articles on music production topics that have a link, Facebook, Twitter, Google +, etc.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search