The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A question of Pro Tools licenses Audio Interfaces
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

A question of Pro Tools licenses

Hello,

I bought a 002r back in 2005 and from v6 upgraded to V7.0. My account says I have a Pro Tools LE 7.0 Amnesty Code

I believe this license is separate to the PT9 license on my ilok. I purchased and Mbox Micro so that I could get v8.0 and then from there upgraded to 9.

So by my reckoning I have two separate PT licenses. Is this correct?

The reason I am asking is because I wish to sell the Digi 002r (upgrading to a metric halo 2882 with PT9) and wish to transfer the V7.0 license to the new owner along with the hardware.

The Avid website is as (un)helpful and byzantine as ever and all the support options send me to a paid service.

I would really, really appreciate a definitive answer or if anyone has gone through something similar to share their experiences.

Thanks,

Iwan
Old 5th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by recall View Post
Hello,

I bought a 002r back in 2005 and from v6 upgraded to V7.0. My account says I have a Pro Tools LE 7.0 Amnesty Code

I believe this license is separate to the PT9 license on my ilok. I purchased and Mbox Micro so that I could get v8.0 and then from there upgraded to 9.

So by my reckoning I have two separate PT licenses. Is this correct?

The reason I am asking is because I wish to sell the Digi 002r (upgrading to a metric halo 2882 with PT9) and wish to transfer the V7.0 license to the new owner along with the hardware.

The Avid website is as (un)helpful and byzantine as ever and all the support options send me to a paid service.

I would really, really appreciate a definitive answer or if anyone has gone through something similar to share their experiences.

Thanks,

Iwan
If you have never typed in the 002R serial number to get your upgrade to PT9, then it is possible to upgrade this to PT9 and you could sell it on as such (and therefore, it'd be worth more than a 002R where you've used the upgrade option). If you HAVE ever used this serial number, then you can't.

It's not a question of PT7 licences, it's a question of hardware serial numbers.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'm 99% sure I used the code that came with the Mbox micro/PT8 box to go to PT9, which should mean that the 7LE license is transferable.

interesting idea regarding upgrading the 7.0 license to 9.0

To be honest I'd be happy to get £150-180 for the 002+pt 7

Just trying to scrape a few extra coins together to fund my MH2882 purchase.

Thanks for your help.

iwan
Old 5th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by recall View Post
I'm 99% sure I used the code that came with the Mbox micro/PT8 box to go to PT9, which should mean that the 7LE license is transferable.

interesting idea regarding upgrading the 7.0 license to 9.0

To be honest I'd be happy to get £150-180 for the 002+pt 7

Just trying to scrape a few extra coins together to fund my MH2882 purchase.

Thanks for your help.

iwan
You should be able to get quite a bit more for it than that. After all, it gets you more than that off the price of PT9!

That is - providing you can be sure you've not upgraded to PT9 using it and thus used up the main selling point!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search