The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
$40 mic Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

$40 mic

i was looking for a nice vocal mic and i ran into this and i thought it would be good for $40...
would this work with my Duet?
Old 5th September 2011
Yes. It will be amazing. Get me one to while your at it.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Shut up and take my money! I need 2 for stereo!
Old 5th September 2011
CXP
Gear Maniac

I will trade you my U87 for one. Does it come with the famous T-Pain vocal processor by Nady? Man, this is really going to make my life as a producer easy. Thanks!
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Must. Have. Just in case a client ever asks for autotune!
Old 5th September 2011
More cowbell!

And wow, what a unique original company name, "ProTunes!"
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Wow! That's better than the C800g!
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Addict

Any money one of these days a fellow slut will start a thread about how a client brought in his own one of these mics insisting to use it on the session because he wants the effect....
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I was buy this on a second hand deal, not the new version with chinese capsule, I got the older that is better, more better.

please please tube replacement advise or any mod published ?
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

When I worked as a tracking engineer, I used to keep a vintage Mr. Microphone toy around in an old wood box. When we had a difficult time picking vocal mics, I'd bust out the box, promising, 'this old beauty will make you shine!'

Never failed to get a laugh. Then one metal guy called my bluff and actually used it on a track!
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Oh good Lord.
Old 5th September 2011
9 more bucks and you can get a real condenser mic, the MCA SP-1. That one is quite good, I have about 12 of them. I paid $39.95 each. Now they are $49.95 or 2 for $89.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Two words: DRUM. OVERHEADS.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
9 more bucks and you can get a real condenser mic, the MCA SP-1. That one is quite good, I have about 12 of them. I paid $39.95 each. Now they are $49.95 or 2 for $89.
Love my pair! I got mine when they were $40 a few years back and still use them on almost every project I do! Great buy!
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiK View Post
Love my pair! I got mine when they were $40 a few years back and still use them on almost every project I do! Great buy!
I did one recording with it and was like...meh.

A year later after it was sold I mixed that project and was wowed. For $50 it's like a hi-def SM58. However mine whined from my interfaces phantom power...otherwise it would have stayed in my locker. I got a pair used for $50 total...sold them for $50 each...heh
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

Be carefull when choosing a pre for it. Gearslutz has proven that the more the pre costs, the better it will sound.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Just think, one day it will be vintage, some pop diva will record a hit song with it, and then everybody will want one. They will sell for hundreds of dollars on e-bay, and we'll all feel stupid for not having bought a truck load back in the day.heh
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

I want to order another pair to get them modded because I love the originals so much already! Don't want to mess up a good thing!
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiK View Post
I want to order another pair to get them modded because I love the originals so much already! Don't want to mess up a good thing!
I bet with a Lundhal transformer and an original RCA ribbon it would be tight!!!!
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

This is awesome. I want to put it on a guitar amp, play heavily distorted chords and start a new genre. For serious.
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Guru
Come, folks, it say "PRO" right on the box!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search