The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analog Summing w/ mixing desk Digital Converters
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Addict

Analog Summing w/ mixing desk

I have an Oram (Trident) 8T 8 channel mixer and I am very curious about 'anaolg summing' through this board.

My DAC is a Rosetta 800

I am interested in setting this up where I would do all fader mixing and plugin effects in the box and have the Mixer in a 'set and forget.' In other words can just run 8 channles out of the DAW into the mixer and have the mixer faders set to 0 and maybe even disengage the EQs unless I really need them to get a warmer more cohesive sound?

I only have 8 channels to work with so i guess i would have to make a ITB drum buss group and have the drum on 2 mixer channels while I use the rest of the inputs for the other tracks?

also do i just send the stereo out of the mixer directy to the my monitors? do i use a different out put on the mixer to go back into the DAW and two new tracks?

Also how would panning work in each channel? wouldnt it all become mono?

I am very new to this obviously not that savvy when it comes to using my mixer lol

any help is appreciated.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search