The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Daking & UA 610 Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Head
Daking & UA 610

I've used both, and I really think they're great.
I haven't compared them side by side though.
I'll be using it mainly for vocal and possibly some other overdubs as needed.
I've got a KSM32 and thinking about getting a SM7 as well.
A nice tube mic in near future.
My current mic pre is the Black Lion Auteur. I like it a lot, but it's a bit noisy for real quite stuff.
Also in my signal chain are UBK Fatso and Clariphonic.

For now, it's between the 610 or the Daking. The single channel versions.
I'm leaning more towards the 610 because it'll be nice to add some saturation, but what do you all think?
Old 4th September 2011
mds
Lives for gear

I've used lots of incarnations of the Daking preamp(console, channel strip, etc), and have had the single channel unit sitting here for a year or so. I also own a 6176 with the 610 preamp in it and have used LA-610s a lot too. I like both, but if I were to only own one of the two preamps I would definitely go for the Daking. It is just a great sounding preamp on everything. It has some vibe, but it is neutral enough to never be a problem. The 610 can be grainy/splitty or unfocused in some situations and can be difficult to get a clean sound from(sometimes this is great). The Daking is always clear, never harsh, but is still warm and pleasant and sounds good if you push it hard. In fact, my favorite setup is the Daking into the 1176 side of the 6176.

Good luck!

Mike

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search