The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is this possible? Lynx Aurora 8 as audio interface, but 002 for MIDI input DAW Software
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Is this possible? Lynx Aurora 8 as audio interface, but 002 for MIDI input

So, to my dismay, the MIDI input of the Lynx Aurora 8 does not function as a MIDI interface.

I don't want to have to waste money buying a midi interface, so I thought I would just use my old 002 for MIDI input. I can see the MIDI in light up on the 002 and I can even choose the 002 in Pro Tools as an input source, but I can't actually get Pro Tools to acknowledge my MIDI data.

Should this work in theory?
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Maniac

No one?

Figured I'd give it one last try before buying a MIDI interface.

I'm trying to figure out if a Digi 002 can be used as solely a MIDI interface in conjunction with an Aurora 8.

On my Instrument tracks, the 002 shows up as an input option, however it won't receive data.

Is it not really possible to use the 002 MIDI ports unless the 002 is selected as the main interface?

I assumed this wasn't possible, but I was surprised to find the 002 MIDI inputs showing up in Pro Tools in the first place.
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Addict

maybe use the 002 as your interface, and use the lynx through ADAT... you will be clocking and converting off the Lynx as long as you set it up that way, and use the I/0 of the lynx.
Old 4th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRL View Post
maybe use the 002 as your interface, and use the lynx through ADAT... you will be clocking and converting off the Lynx as long as you set it up that way, and use the I/0 of the lynx.
Would require buying the Adat card for the lynx and limiting to 48k, though it would be more arable than the lynx fw option. Just get a $10 midi io USB lead from eBay...
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search