The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for Versatile do-it-all EQ Studio Accessories
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Nut

Looking for Versatile do-it-all EQ

I would like to get something versatile that I could use while tracking, mixing sub groups, 2 buss and mastering if possible. I know that's asking a lot, and in time I'll get a unit for each purpose, but for my frist hardware eq, I would like to cover as much ground as possible.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Any of the Great River Eq's will do what you are looking for.
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Nut

What's your budget?

I really like the Summit Audio EQP-200. Excellent on vocals and 2 bus duties. Would do well for mastering, also.

May wanna check into the A Designs Hammer as well.
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Nut

Thanks for your suggestions so far. My budget is 4000 bucks max.
Old 3rd September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandeurloo View Post
Any of the Great River Eq's will do what you are looking for.
Well I dont have the GR mastering EQ or the Harrison but I work with the EQ2NV everyday. Wonderful EQ that can be surgical or gentle. A little goes a long way but when you have to carve the crap out of something it will do it musically.
The only thing about using it on the 2 buss is that the gains are not notched, they're continuous, so you'd have to eyeball the left and right channels. The Mastering version is stepped so that might be your ticket.
That being said the construction is top notch and the settings sound like they match in both channels.
Old 3rd September 2011
Jai guru deva om

Just outside of that budget is the Bettermaker EQ 230 P. My very biased opinion but man, if you could get there...it has stunning sound and function but also total digital control over analog, as well as full recall and your own presets. It features a Pultec style section, as well as 2 additional bands for full control, and the variable hi-pass filter seals the deal to be able to handle it all including high end mastering.

The first unit we sold in the US was to Bob Katz after he spent a weekend with it.

War
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Tube Tech!
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Just outside of that budget is the Bettermaker EQ 230 P. My very biased opinion but man, if you could get there...it has stunning sound and function but also total digital control over analog, as well as full recall and your own presets. It features a Pultec style section, as well as 2 additional bands for full control, and the variable hi-pass filter seals the deal to be able to handle it all including high end mastering.

The first unit we sold in the US was to Bob Katz after he spent a weekend with it.

War
I came across this one two days ago, looks very tempting, I guess I could stretch my budget. And being polish made, I could probably get it for cheaper as I live on a island that's part of UE. Definitely worth considering.
Anyway don't stop recommending !
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Maniac

SA EQP-200. heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search