The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
1/2 rack compressor Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Addict

1/2 rack compressor

Slightly odd request but I'm looking for a half rack two channel compressor.

I am aware there are lots of compressors out there not in the usual rack format, but it will be transported quite a lot so I'd like it to be securely fixed to the rack. Plus I only have 1/2 rack slot left now and I don't really want to have to buy a new rackcase.

I have done a few searches and found the Rupert neve comp but it's over my budget. The fmr rnc looks really good but as it's going to be transported in the rack it's not ideal really. I also saw the Joe meek compressor but I couldn't work out if it can be fixed securely to the rack, I couldn't find anything about rack ears on the website.

Are there any other 1/2 rack compressors you can recommend?

Edit: budget is around £400, $600 ish
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Addict

The RNC is, well, a really nice compressor, and THESE guys sell rack trays for it. OK, the tray is designed for 2 RNC's but works fine with just one.

Good luck. Mike
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Addict

If that were available in the 1/2 rack format that would be perfect, shame. I just sent an email to them to confirm but I know what the answer will be. Do any other companies do this type of thing?
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

FMR RNC, RNLA, PB6-C, DBX 163x all half rack comps...
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

RND!!!
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

I have used velcro (the plastic kind not the standard fabric stuff) for those kinds of issues. Once all cabled up and velcro'd it will not move.
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Addict

Used 5043?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search