The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Amp On The Mix Output ???
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Amp On The Mix Output ???

I'm now mixing through a Soundcraft Ghost to sum. My question, is ok to place an amp in line between the mix outputs and my stereo opto comp? The reason I ask I cant seem to get a good level when I go back into my interface(line only) to record the stereo track. Any input would be great. Thanks guys.

C
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

That's strange that you don't have enough signal coming out of the mixer back into the daw? I think that may be an issue to look at. Is there a balancing issue maybe in the cabling?

But you could stick a pair of missing links in between the mixer and comp/daw and turn the fader up on them a little to help with level and sonics!
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

When you figure out a solution please let us know.

What about turning up the line pot on the way in for more level?
Old 4th September 2011
I'm not understanding this ... you can get a good Line level into your DAW when you re-record this? Doesn't that mean the OUTPUT of your compressor is low? Doesn't it have makeup gain?

Why are you asking about inserting a preamp or line amp before the INPUT of your compressor??

What actual gear have you got?

What converters are you using?

Even which the cheapest budget gear, I would expect your problem to be more about overloading the inputs. But maybe you are trying to drive a professional +4 balanced line level with consumer -10 unbalanced line level?

If so - it's probably a wrong cable choice or switch setting ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search