The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
LA610 & 6176 @ 115v or 230v Channel Strips
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Nut

LA610 & 6176 @ 115v or 230v

Ok the fact that I'm even asking this question reminded me that one of the things on my " to do " list was to get some books on basic electrical / 101 electricians manuals . I'm an idiot when it comes to that field but I feel like a bigger idiot considering that I record bands for a living ( I put it that way instead of saying engineer ) and don't know a lot of electrical basics . I'm on it as of tomorrow . In the meantime I'd appreciate it if someone could answer a few quick questions
1. Should I operate my 6176 and La610 at 115v or 230v ?
2. Briefly , why ?
3. If you own any UA gear do you know what it's set to by default ? I'm not in front of my gear .

These questions came up when I bought another LA610 used . When it came in the mail I noticed there was a fuse taped to it and I wondered why . Since I never switched whatever UA had it set to I didn't even know it could be switched ( which would call for a different fuse )
Any info would be awesome !
Have a great evening
Old 3rd September 2011
dsl
Gear Nut

You should run it @ whatever Voltage the Country you live in runs.

US = 115V

Germany (etc) = 230V

Here's a list:

http://www.kropla.com/electric2.htm
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Nut

Another noob elec question . Why is the setting 115 v ? Bc some countries are 110 and some are 120?

Also , the unit I bought was used in the US but upon inspection it seems it was used at 230v . Would that have done any damage to gear ?
Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulablank View Post
Another noob elec question . Why is the setting 115 v ? Bc some countries are 110 and some are 120?

Also , the unit I bought was used in the US but upon inspection it seems it was used at 230v . Would that have done any damage to gear ?
Thanks
No, not if they were actually sending 220-240 into it. If they sent 110 into it with it set to 230V, there's a possibility of damage but in all likelihood it just wouldn't have worked.

If you're in the US and your wall puts out 110-125V, then switch it to 115V and plug it on in. You'll know really quickly if it works or not
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search