The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Which less than 1/2 Price monitors to get? Studio Monitors
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Head

Which less than 1/2 Price monitors to get?

Hey everyone, I need some advice. I just became a college student, and I took my pair of yamaha HS80Ms to college with me along with my mobile recording setup. I will soon be having a session back at home though, and I realize I'm going to need a second pair of monitors for home. Should I get a second pair of the Yams(what I'm used to) for $300? Or should I invest in something like the JBL LSR4328Ps for $700? Will there really be THAT much of a difference? I can also get the LSR4326Ps for $550, and maybe get a sub later? I'm leaning towards the HS80Ms for the price, cause I'm in college and as such, am poor.

My listening room at home is fully treated, but I don't have any room treatment in my dorm at school. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot,
-Jared
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Maniac

Equator Audio D5's

Consider the new Equator Audio D5's.

Pretty impressive affordable near-field.

Equator Audio Studio Monitors
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jareds270 View Post
Should I get a second pair of the Yams(what I'm used to) for $300?
If you can get a pair of HS80m's for $300 do it. They are more than serviceable, you are used to them (although the treated /untreated environment will provide some issues) and you'll need to spend 4x that to get something significantly better imo.

Dan

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search