The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Yamaha HS80M or JBL LSR4328P??? Studio Monitors
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Head

Yamaha HS80M or JBL LSR4328P???

Hey everyone, I need some advice. I just became a college student, and I took my pair of yamaha HS80Ms to college with me along with my mobile recording setup. I will soon be having a session back at home though, and I realize I'm going to need a second pair of monitors for home. Should I get a second pair of the Yams(what I'm used to) for $300? Or should I invest in something like the JBL LSR4328Ps for $700? Will there really be THAT much of a difference? I can also get the LSR4326Ps for $550, and maybe get a sub later?

My listening room at home is fully treated, but I don't have any room treatment in my dorm at school. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot,
-Jared
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Head

please delete this thread

ATTN MODERATORS:

When I originally posted this my internet went down and I thought it didn't actually post. I just opened a new thread with the same topic, and noticed this actually posted a while ago. Please delete this thread, as I don't know how to do so.

Thanks a lot.
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Head

I think you would love the JBL's. They are worth the extra money IMO. I use the 4328's every day...they translate well & are very truthful. As with all monitors, you have to learn them, but you would not be sorry if you bought them. The Yamaha's are very nice as well & if your use to how they sound, that goes along way... but I still feel that the JBL is a better monitor. They just work well with my ears...& truthfully when your getting down to brass tax that's really the key
Old 3rd September 2011
Here for the gear

Probably. It’s still up in the air?
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Head

Hi Jared,

Just wondering where you are getting the HS80M's for $300? Do you mean a pair...new...or used?

I'll be buying a pair myself if I can get them at that price!

Thanks,
-wellyouneednt
Old 22nd September 2011
Gear Head

I was just checking out this Yamaha's, found them for $228.50 with free shipping at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=AA8WLQ8V5Y8YB

that price is for each monitor, not the pair, still, is the best price I seen for them...
Old 22nd September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouneednt View Post
Hi Jared,

Just wondering where you are getting the HS80M's for $300? Do you mean a pair...new...or used?

I'll be buying a pair myself if I can get them at that price!

Thanks,
-wellyouneednt
For the pair, but it's only because of an employee discount. I already ordered the HS80Ms, and am waiting for them to arrive. I think I'll be happy i went with the less expensive option. Money in college is tough to come by..
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search