The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dangerous D-Box - using Aux track at mixdown DAW Software
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Maniac

Dangerous D-Box - using Aux track at mixdown

I wanted to see if I am clear on the correct method of mixing OTB with the Dangerous D-Box.

Let's say I'm bringing my stereo track out of the D-Box and back into Pro Tools on inputs 7-8...

Is this procedure correct?

1) Make a new Aux track...input set to 7-8

2) place any of my final plug-ins...bus compression, EQ, FX on the aux track.

3) create a new stereo audio track

4) send the aux track via a bus to the new audio track and record.

Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Head

thats how I do it and have the output of the print track set to SPDIF which is then connected to one of the digital inputs on the DBOX, so I can monitor the print.
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by masturfator View Post
thats how I do it and have the output of the print track set to SPDIF which is then connected to one of the digital inputs on the DBOX, so I can monitor the print.

Great. Thanks for confirming that for me. I also by going back into the "DAW" input of the D-Box in order to monitor.

Just curious...would it technically be the same exact thing to do a "bounce to disk" and just set the output to be the SPDIF output?
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Head

hmm, I guess i never thought of bouncing to disk, since I like the metering when printing the mix, and either way it has to be done in real time. I would assume it would work tho.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search