The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Colored XLR Cables
Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

Colored XLR Cables

Who has them and where did you get them?

I see them in pictures of big league studios all the time and none of my dealers have them.

I am very wearing about new brands of XLR cables, I bought a bunch online once and they had massive noise issues.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear
Colored XLR Cables

I made a handful some years ago from Canare Star Quad which Leos had in colored spools at the store.

I also bought some packs from Orange County Speaker Repair that were cheap for live sound use. 5 years of abuse and they're still going strong. I figured they were disposable at the price, but since abandoning the live rig and building another home studio, I'm using them there with no issues. At least they aren't microphonic like Monster garbage.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear
+1 on the Orange County Speaker Repair cables. I, too, have some that have been going strong for years. I can't imagine life with piles of black cables!
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

www.procablesnsound.com will make them any color/length/connector you want.
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Addict

http://www.redco.com/

Select the cable type you want in bulk. Pick the color you like, buy some connectors and save yourself a lot of money. Solder them up and you're good to go. I'll never buy pre-made mic cables again.
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Addict

+1 on orangecounty cables,

also, I use different colors of electrical tape to I.D cables. same color at each end of the cable should suffice, you can even use two colors for more cables.

try these guys! more colors than you'll ever need and cheaper than colored quality mic cable.

IDENTI-TAPE - Vinyl Color Coding & Harness Tape

Colored Vinyl Marking Tape

Cheers!
Michel.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Here are some Canare XLR's for sale:
canare microphone cable

Scroll down a bit and check out the second page to see the colored versions.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dambro2 View Post
+1 on the Orange County Speaker Repair cables. I, too, have some that have been going strong for years. I can't imagine life with piles of black cables!

Same here!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search