The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Greg Wells - Pensado's Place Plugin Bundles
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Greg Wells - Pensado's Place

Greg Wells - Pensado's Place

One of the best yet - very inspiring.

- Pensado's Place - #34 - Greg Wells - YouTube

Great Show.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

yeah, rather brilliant...

Greg had a lot of really good stories/quotes...

i caught up on a couple episodes last night, cant remember if it was this one or the EV one but Pensado's place often gives me that exact feeling from Wayne's World, too funny...

also love the philosophizing and the brevity...
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Head

Agreed. What a nice guy, really humble & lots of great info!
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Head

Just watched it, Greg was a great choice for a guest. Now he just needs to get Andy Wallace
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Greg has a greeaaat voice!
Good episode. Enjoyed all the stories and metaphors.
Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

Definately a great episode, as a fellow producer and songwriter I gotta say he really put in to words a lot of things I've been thinking. Seems like a great person and one that artists should be happy to work with.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

i love these shows!!!
and greg wells is a reminder that it's also very important to be a good bloke.
very inspirational...
pensado's place is fantastic...thanks!
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Great!
Old 2nd September 2011
do these guys hit the bong or what ???
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Greg, (if you are reading this thread) thanks for hitting the nail on the head. Many great quotes and analogies hit home with me personally and professionally and in words I would be unlikely to find.

PS. I would give two years of my life to work one year with Mr. Bacharach.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

excellent show and excellent episode!
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Nut

Great job Greg, Dave & Co!
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Greg used to chime in all the time until some brilliant master engineers started picking with him. He's a brilliant guy who has done lots of great work and would have lots to contribute to GS. Great episode tho.
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneguru View Post
Greg, (if you are reading this thread) thanks for hitting the nail on the head. Many great quotes and analogies hit home with me personally and professionally and in words I would be unlikely to find.

PS. I would give two years of my life to work one year with Mr. Bacharach.
I woulg give the same but to learn from Greg Wells.

Great episode, thanks for the show!
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Just watched it...another fantastic episode. Greg is very well spoken and obviously educated on music and the arts. I enjoyed hearing him talk about working with Burt Bacharach, who is one of my favorites ever and a big influence...

It was also interesting to hear him talking about producing One Republics "Apologize"... I didnt know that was on his credits...

Particularly since "Timbaland"...has it on his vevo page listed as "Timbaland featuring One Republic" :(

anyway... great show...
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Maniac

one of the bests episodes, period
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Greg is a really great guy, and the episode rocked!!
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

My fav episode so far. Greg seems like a great guy. I love all the film refs.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

fvcking brilliant.

you can see why hes so successful.

and when he talks about his "abnormal desire" to succeed in the music business... inspiring to say the least.

very well spoken, educated dude. type of guy that would be successful in any field.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Wow - thank you so much, everyone. I think the trick to a good interview is drink a bit too much coffee before hand. Plus, having Dave himself steer the whole thing took us all to some interesting places. He and Herb are lovely guys and the whole experience was fantastic. They invited me back for some more down the road.
Old 6th September 2011
Awesome....I'm looking forward to hearing some more dialog from you. Loved the film analogies.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head

Hey Greg if your still around, great watching you on Pensado's place. You mentioned that you liked the softube eq during the "batter box" segment, which ones? Thanks again and love what you do.
Old 6th September 2011
Sky
Lives for gear

Thanks so much Greg. I just watched the interview and really appreciate your insights on creative process and also where music theory fits in.

Sky
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Very inspiring Greg! Thanks Man.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head

just great!!
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Nut

Greg's comments on budgets and actors not making a movie really resonated with me. It amazes me how studios can make a movie that is a unanimous flop with a hundred million dollars. How does that happen so routinely. And how does it continue to happen so routinely with music? How does a song with an almost nonexistent or completely boring top line melody get cut? I hear these songs all the time on the radio and you know they aren't going to be a hit but huge dollars were thrown at them. I'm talking about mostly mainstream pop or rock.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Nut

Oh and I loved..."when things aren't going well it's usually because the song isn't good"
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

A really great watch. Thank you.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Wells View Post
Wow - thank you so much, everyone. I think the trick to a good interview is drink a bit too much coffee before hand. Plus, having Dave himself steer the whole thing took us all to some interesting places. He and Herb are lovely guys and the whole experience was fantastic. They invited me back for some more down the road.
Two thumbs up. Loved your sense of esthetic.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Nut

I agree that this has been one of the best episodes so far. Alongside the one with Eric Valentine...

Thank you Greg, your comments on how the song is often the problem in a session when you reach a dead end were really helpful and what Bacharach said about working on a song for 1-2 minutes was reassuring. I totally agree!

Thanks
:-)
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search