The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
start a lunchbox or juggernaut twin 500 Series Preamps
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear
start a lunchbox or juggernaut twin

if i go the lunchbox way im gonna do the buy 4 get a free lunchbox thing. a few months back i actually bought a juggernaut twin at the old price but the paypal check out charged me for two.(i may of hit the back button idk) nathan was cool and answered my call at 10:00 at night and said no problem and cancelled it.

But paypal was a bitch and kept drawing the money out of my account. it put my finances in the air and cost me over draft fees for almost a month.
i would be getting 2 more pres for $600 more though. but i dont do alot of drum tracking. but i could have four flavors. both would be versatile. what would you do. thanks
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer81 View Post
if i go the lunchbox way im gonna do the buy 4 get a free lunchbox thing. a few months back i actually bought a juggernaut twin at the old price but the paypal check out charged me for two.(i may of hit the back button idk) nathan was cool and answered my call at 10:00 at night and said no problem and cancelled it.

But paypal was a bitch and kept drawing the money out of my account. it put my finances in the air and cost me over draft fees for almost a month.
i would be getting 2 more pres for $600 more though. but i dont do alot of drum tracking. but i could have four flavors. both would be versatile. what would you do. thanks
Don't the Jugg give you the option of selecting different transformers.?..So now you can have various flavors..Good luck...
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

Since you already have a Juggernaut I'd get:

BAE preamps or Aurora Audio preamps, very very nice.
John Hardy M1 with optional output xformer

Or a lunchbox with:

Avedis MA5 (I love it!)
Forssell SMP500 (on the clean side)
or the upcoming John Hardy for the 500 series ) heh
(I've read on another thread here on GS from the man itself that will possibly be ready for the AES show in NY).

Or all of them!

Just my 0.02$,

Bests,

Cheu
Old 2nd September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer81 View Post
i dont do alot of drum tracking. but i could have four flavors. both would be versatile. what would you do. thanks
A Juggernaut Twin is more far more versatile than having only two pairs of 'one sound' preamps IME. You would have to get 4 very different mono preamps to come close to matching the versatility (don't forget you can run out of channel 1 of the Juggernaut Twin into the line input of channel 2 and it opens up even more possibilites...you'd have two impedance controls, double the transformer combinations and color, double fat, etc... but in that instance it would only be a single mono path but great for most stuff like bass, mono synth, vocals, etc), but then you wouldn't have the ability to stereo match with 4 different preamps. If you need more actual inputs than the two channels that the Juggernaut Twin provides then the 4 x 500 preamps would be necessary.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear
Well I got the juggernaut twin coming. I'm totally pumped. I can't comment on the sound of the unit yet. But I can comment on the service of Nathan. He is a+ has helped me out earlier this year and I'm sure he will take care of me after the sell as well. Great company. thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search