The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Monitor Speakers Make a Slight Buzzing Sound Studio Monitors
Old 1st September 2011
Here for the gear

Monitor Speakers Make a Slight Buzzing Sound

My Dynaudio BM5A MKII's have a very slight buzzing noise when i put my ear next to them. Is this normal?
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear
What are they plugged in to?
What kind of cables?
Are they plugged into a power strip that has wall wart power supplies also? Could be many things causing it. Laptop power units can cause noise too.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Walls View Post
My Dynaudio BM5A MKII's have a very slight buzzing noise when i put my ear next to them. Is this normal?
Is the mixer/monitor switcher/preamp etc powered off when this happens? Does the buzz go away when you power it on?
Old 3rd September 2011
Here for the gear

They make this noise even when they are not plugged into anything except for the power theres no noise when i turn them off but once i turn them on there is a very slight noise. Do all speakers have a little noise when you put your ear right next to them?
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

I don't have the answer but I find that my Mackie HR824 MK1 monitors buzz even when they are switched off. But just sometimes. I use a power conditioner and have them plugged into outlets that supposedly are for amplifiers and have special filters on them.

Never really bothered to track down the issue. But now you have me curious.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

I just got done chasing a buzz in my old Genelecs, worried they might be needing some fixing.

Turns out the little Skype wireless phone adapter/Transmitter was inducing some noise.
Old 4th September 2011
Here for the gear

i wonder if this is normal or if something is causing this little noise

does any1 not have any noise at all comming from their speakers when you put your ear right next to them?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search