The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Has anyone tried the new Sony Mdr Z1000 Headphones ? Studio Headphones
Old 1st September 2011
Here for the gear

Has anyone tried the new Sony Mdr Z1000 Headphones ?

Hello ! this is my second post on this website !
I am interested on buying a good monitoring headphone under 500-600 $.
I saw the new mdr Z1000 on Sony website and it seems quite impressive !!
Its frequency range goes from 5 Hz to 80 000 kHz ! and it seems solid and pretty light (around 250 grams).
Thought there might be some other headphones that I may consider (as the hd 650 from senheiser) I really would like to hear about this new Sony headphones.
It is quite difficult to find review on the web about it !
Please let me know !!!

Cheers

PUnky Records
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

The MDR NC500d model is great. Not the flattest but as far as noise-cancelling, hi-fi headphones go, they're great and I use them for mixing because I know and love the slightly accentuated sound. They are very close sounding, intimate, details show up perfectly, bass is very fair....I really like them. I prefer mixing on them than my Grado SR's.

Quite a lot of reviews have become available on the z1000. Chances are, if you have a Sony centre near by, you may be able to try them, provided they have them in stock.

I'm quite interested to hear them too, hence me finding this thread. Let me know if you bit. Would like to hear a Gearslut review!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search