The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Getting OTB Mixers (Digital)
Old 1st September 2011
Getting OTB

Trying to figure out the best, least costly way to get OTB via FW:

Here's the big picture.... I have a Tascam DM3200 that I run via FW card to a Macbook Pro. Once ITB, I want to get up to 24 channels (eventually) out via FW to an analogue desk for mixing (Soundtracs CM4400). The Tascam DM3200 is one way in to the Mac, basically. So, my plan is once I've finished tracking through the Tascam (and using some pre's from the CM4400) and ready to mix, I repatch the FW cable and come back out via linked MOTU 828's. I already own one 828 Mk2, so with minimal purchasing, I had hoped to pick up another couple of 828's.

Is there a better solution or would this work?

Thank you!
Old 1st September 2011
Thank you MasterCrab! I also have a MOTU 2408 Mk2, but I think that will require the PCI card and I prefer to just keep it FW friendly to the laptop. Can anyone confirm that the 2408 is useless without the PCI card?
Thanks again!
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhrussell View Post
Thank you MasterCrab! I also have a MOTU 2408 Mk2, but I think that will require the PCI card and I prefer to just keep it FW friendly to the laptop. Can anyone confirm that the 2408 is useless without the PCI card?
Thanks again!
Yes, you need at least one pci card for the 2408 to interface with your computer.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search