The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone ever use old SOLTON AA-CRAAFT gear?
Old 1st September 2011
Here for the gear

Anyone ever use old SOLTON AA-CRAAFT gear?

HI all

I'm new here and am curious about an old brand of amp called
SOLTON or AA-CRAAFT.

My friend's dad has one and he used it years ago when he was in a band.

I had a go and really liked it.

I have had a look online, they are still in business and their website:
SOLTON® :: aaCRAAFT®: Home but all the stuff is electronic now.

Thanks

Warm Low End.
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

It has always been relativelly low end (not warm though) and they always produced electronics loke mixers, power amps and the like.

There was a time they produced bass and guitar amps, they were fashionalbe for a short period - no really good stuff.

We had a PA-poweramp from Solton back then - was cheap and sounded cheap - sorry.
Old 8th November 2011
Gear Head

I disagree.

I use an old Solton CV-60 as my bassguitar top and it's the best live sound I've had so far (i've been playing for ca. 17 years now).

Last month it blew a fuse during soundcheck, had to use the other band's Ampeg. Of course you get used to your own sound, but sorry, the Ampeg (can't recall exact model) wasn't anywhere as ballsy, tubey and round as the Solton.

I guess you have to abuse them a little, as a guitar amp they were ok but more like a very polite Fender heh

However, mine looks very vintage (late sixties-early seventies ?), totally red leather, top only.
The models I've seen on the web are all newer designs, they look crappier and could sound that way also.

Anyway, my 2 cents...
Old 8th November 2011
Some of their keyboards were ok.

Some cheesy. The better ones were kinda like the General Music stuff if you are familiar with it.

john

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search