The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cubase Aux Sends on Stereo Track
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Addict

Cubase Aux Sends on Stereo Track

Hey everyone,

I have a simple question. With all this talk about Stereo Enhancement, it came to my attention that a lot of individuals have been putting the Widening on the Master/Stereo out of their mix as an AUX. However, in Cubase I cannot find the option for adding an AUX SEND to the Master/Stereo Out.

I have this feature available on Individual Tracks, Group Track, Etc

How do I add AUX SENDS to the Master?
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

I don't know about all that. Only thing I've seen is actually placing it as an insert, not an Aux. Only other way is to create a group channel, of which if you're mixing in an organized fashion, you already have a bunch of these laid out within your session in both mono and stereo in the form of guitar group, backup vocal group, lead vocal group, and you create one more before hitting the master buss that everything goes into. Groups can see a send, not the master buss.
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

If you press Read or Write on the master channel, it will appear in the "edit" window and you should be able to access the sends
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Addict

The fact of the matter is, I really do not want to do route all my group busses to one buss just so I can put a stereo widening on it (might sound lazy, but Cubase should offer the option in the master view).

Now if I can add it as an Insert without any phase issues then I am perfectly fine with doing that... but I was told otherwise being a good idea as an insert.

Secondly, I'm all about the hit "R & W" but why is it not readily available already from the channel strip view. Seems odd to me.

Thanks for the replies fella's. I will ultimately use one of the methods.
Old 1st September 2011
if you send your main master to an aux send then surely the output of that aux send would have to go back to the master and create a feedback loop?

i would think youd be better off if you can adjust the dry/wet mix in the plugin itself, or route everything to a stereo group and send that to the effect then route them both to the master out

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search