The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Getting a new interface.. Thinking of going firewire. Audio Interfaces
Old 1st September 2011
Here for the gear

Getting a new interface.. Thinking of going firewire.

My Emu 0404 usb has been giving me nothing but problems lately. Most annoyingly it makes my Windows 7 setup crash to a BSOD every now and again, as well as being having usb ground problems (noisy when hooked up to my external HP amp)... However great audio when it is working right !

I am interested in the focusrite pro 14 and 24, having used some of focusrite products briefly in a studio I worked in. Just looking for a heads up on how good their drivers are for windows 7? and also on how the 14 and 24 compare (and 0404 for that matter).

Any help appreciated, cheers.
Old 1st September 2011
Here for the gear

Anyone own the focusrite pro 14 or 24?
Old 1st September 2011
I am working with Saffire Pro 26 and 40. The 24 and 14 versions are the same but with less I/O options. This is really great product range. Great converters and clean preamps. No problem s at all, maybe little with FW connection on PC, you must have a good FW card with TI, VIA or NEC chipset. I recommend SIIG or Belkin manufacturer.
Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

Thanks for the reply. Have you ever tried the 24 DSP, I am wondering if the VRM chip is worth it..
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Maniac

Safire pro 40, Motu 192, Digi 002 with a Black Lion Audio mod.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search