The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
a cr..k, who doesn't pay me for mix, just released it on soundcloud
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

a cr..k, who doesn't pay me for mix, just released it on soundcloud

Hi guys,
Well long story short, I did recording vocals and editing, and then mixed a song for a geezer who at the end of the day was very unhappy about vocal performance (I told him 100 times vocals are all over the place..), but at the end did not pay me for all of it...
Today I found it on soundcloud, with remixed music (completely new) and vocals, for I didn't get paid,

what you suggest, leave it and move on,
or penalize rascal somehow ? I don't know - maybe just email to take it off website, until payment is made, as it's intellectual theft (if I am correct) - using vocals, for which he did not payed it's theft

cheers
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=Red Mastering;6987202]Hi guys,
Well long story short, I did recording vocals and editing, and then mixed a song for a geezer who at the end of the day was very unhappy about vocal performance (I told him 100 times vocals are all over the place..), but at the end did not pay me for all of it...
Today I found it on soundcloud, with remixed music (completely new) and vocals, for I didn't get paid,

what you suggest, leave it and move on,
or penalize rascal somehow ? I don't know - maybe just email to take it off website, until payment is made, as it's intellectual theft (if I am correct) - using vocals, for which he did not payed it's theft

Just move on, for small sessions I always get the money UP FRONT....If it turns people off, you probally don't want to work with them anyway... I have no time for delinquent accounts
Old 31st August 2011
Ya if you have no contract, and gave him the tracks...there's not much you can do. Probably not worth your time.
Old 1st September 2011

Unfortunately - even as a client NOT paying the bill, they are still his files to do with as he pleases. He hasn't paid an invoice - hassle him for it. He hasn't breached any intellectual rights of yours in the recording as you don't have any. As this was a contracted client (a contract isn't a piece of paper, it's an agreement verbal or otherwise) then any work is his.

what he has done is unfair - but the unfair bit is he hasn't paid you. Never let ANYTHING out of the studio without payment.

Request payment - but move on. Don't dwell on it.
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcoman View Post
Unfortunately - even as a client NOT paying the bill, they are still his files to do with as he pleases. He hasn't paid an invoice - hassle him for it. He hasn't breached any intellectual rights of yours in the recording as you don't have any. As this was a contracted client (a contract isn't a piece of paper, it's an agreement verbal or otherwise) then any work is his.

what he has done is unfair - but the unfair bit is he hasn't paid you. Never let ANYTHING out of the studio without payment.

Request payment - but move on. Don't dwell on it.
thank you Narco...
I know, it was ( I hope so) the last lesson for me, I can't believe I was so stupid and didn't charge upfront as I always do...the reason for that is I am naive, and I trust ppl too much - there you go...
the guy was local South Londoner, so we dealt in person (when normaly it's via net, so money first),
You are right, another hard lesson learnt, in this business - money upfront, or thank you/bye bye

thanks guys, I know it's no point to hassle that dirty rascal, just wanted a bit of your sympathy

thanks
Old 1st September 2011

you have my sympathy and empathy. It's happened to me; by a VERY well known name. Two in fact.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search