The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
new loud mixing trend : midrange boost Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

new loud mixing trend : midrange boost

at 1:24

and

notice the midrange bump ? i've noticed this trend recently. the drums really punch, especially in that Noisia track, which sets a new standard for me. it's even louder than a Serban Ghenea mix.

how do they achieve this ? simple EQing while mixing ? done at the mastering stage ? really impressed with the Noisia mix (listen to it at 720p). it's loud and agressive yet you don't have this ear piercing high-end you can hear in a La Roux track for example.

some serious bass trapping in their studio
http://www.myspace.com/denoisia/phot...studio/1982657
they know their s**t
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidusername View Post
(listen to it at 720p)
Really? Does audio quality improve with higher video resolution, I did not know that.
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasbeen View Post
Really? Does audio quality improve with higher video resolution, I did not know that.
On YouTube it does. If I'm not mistaken some of the lower res's are in mono as well.
---------
I dunno man I guess we listen for different things. In that first track I just hear tons of distortion - maybe you hear it as a mid-range boost. It sounds bad to me.......... and not like I can't understand that music like I wish I could hear it more clearly but I can't because of the distortion.

Now in fairness I'm listening at home in mono through computer speakers lol so I'll have to try again at the studio. But I know these little spkrs pretty well. Spent the morning listening to some Bill Evans with them and they sounded great lol.
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcb4t2 View Post
On YouTube it does. If I'm not mistaken some of the lower res's are in mono as well.
Checking that out. I was listening here at GS and could not tell a whit of difference. Thanks.

Yup, went to you tube where a lower resolution of 240 was offered as well. Now that sounded mono.

Last edited by hasbeen; 31st August 2011 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: replied twice
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search