The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Surely this can't be serious!!!
Old 31st August 2011
Gear Addict

Surely this can't be serious!!!

Ok.... pimped out mics is all I will say.
Follow the link and you WILL understand.
I can't decide whether this is a joke or not....

MELBAND
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

Vegas all the way! My choice, a 58 with maybe some healing crystals for my chi.
Old 31st August 2011
Gear Addict

Ha, nice. I would be interested to know how much they are if they are real, looks fake though!
Old 31st August 2011
Gear Nut

It is and don't call me Shirley.

also, hah.
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdmyfinger View Post
Ha, nice. I would be interested to know how much they are if they are real, looks fake though!
Price is on there, about $300 give or take.

Must be legit endorsed, check it

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/profess...tion_swarovski
Old 31st August 2011
Old 31st August 2011
Well, if your music and image is centered on materialism, bling, and economic oneupsmanship, it probably makes sense.

What I don't quite get -- as long as I've been listening to it -- is the odd disconnect between the spangled, glittery, proto-bling costumes of old line C&W stars and the down home, often quite anti-materialistic lyrics they often sing ("Coat of Many Colors," "Georgia Pineywoods," and a raft of others come to mind).
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux View Post
It is and don't call me Shirley.

also, hah.
beat me to it
Old 31st August 2011
Gear Addict

These flashy mics have been around for years. I have worked on big shows where artists have had these pimped mics, if there is a budget to spend then it will be spent!

But I do still fail to see how these pimped mics enhance a live show, as I'm sure at a 6000+ capacity live show that not many punters will notice what mic is being used or even care.
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
What I don't quite get -- as long as I've been listening to it -- is the odd disconnect between the spangled, glittery, proto-bling costumes of old line C&W stars and the down home, often quite anti-materialistic lyrics they often sing ("Coat of Many Colors," "Georgia Pineywoods," and a raft of others come to mind).
Not to mention the hair. WAY before hair bands those guys were using as much hairspray as the chicks!
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

bling bling girl band baby !!
Old 31st August 2011
Gear Addict

ohh it's serious....

seriously ignorant
Old 31st August 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pies View Post
But I do still fail to see how these pimped mics enhance a live show, as I'm sure at a 6000+ capacity live show that not many punters will notice what mic is being used or even care.
I think those crystals will reflect a lot more light than a plain mic. I bet you could tell from the back row of the balcony that mic was blinged out.

$300 is not that much for an artist who is bringing in the dough on a tour. How much do her boots cost?

How many bands go through $300 worth of smoke or pyro a night?

$300 won't get you very far in custom drum shell art, or even kick drum resonant head art. What's the "point" of that? I am sure there are plenty of guitarists who paid that much extra to have a guitar with flames or skulls, or even just a non-standard color/finish.

And you want to talk custom pearl inlays on the fretboard?

People notice.

We are engineers, so we are horrified at the waste of resources that do not contribute to the sonic bottom line, but a performer's priorities are different.

$300 not even that much to pay for a gift for that Special Someone Hot Chick Singer. And easier for me than picking out earrings! heh
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

YOU BEDAZZLED MY MIC?

The Game Plan Clip - Bubble Bath - YouTube
Old 31st August 2011
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
I think those crystals will reflect a lot more light than a plain mic. I bet you could tell from the back row of the balcony that mic was blinged out.

$300 is not that much for an artist who is bringing in the dough on a tour. How much do her boots cost?

How many bands go through $300 worth of smoke or pyro a night?

$300 won't get you very far in custom drum shell art, or even kick drum resonant head art. What's the "point" of that? I am sure there are plenty of guitarists who paid that much extra to have a guitar with flames or skulls, or even just a non-standard color/finish.

And you want to talk custom pearl inlays on the fretboard?

People notice.

We are engineers, so we are horrified at the waste of resources that do not contribute to the sonic bottom line, but a performer's priorities are different.

$300 not even that much to pay for a gift for that Special Someone Hot Chick Singer. And easier for me than picking out earrings! heh
That was my thought.
$300 really doesn't sound like that much in context.
Nobody would be surprised if a singer spent several times that on clothing.
And I wanted to do the Shirley joke!!!!!
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

Those look almost reasonable compared to the Snoop Dogg Telefunken bling mic:

TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik

Mariah Carey, Rhianna, Missy Elliott, and the like all have 'crystal encrusted bling mics' too.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search