Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
ADT Audio new small mixer, not cheap
Old 22nd March 2006
Lives for gear

ADT Audio new small mixer, not cheap

hey all,

i'm currently looking at this ADT mixer, in a configuration of 16 mono channels, 8 stereo channels (4 stereo groups, 4 stereo returns, or extra inputs if needed).

dynamics and eq on all 16 mono, eq on 8 stereo with possibility to add dyn in the future.

it would be brand new, being used for tracking with a selection of tasty outboard preamps and MIXING mainly rock / rock n roll / whatever else comes my way from DAW outputs (lynx aurora and RME).

now, i like that i can get it in this small format configuration, small enough to be portable, and i love the design of the board, its routing, eq, dyn, etc.

but is it €35K well spent?

do you have any any experience of ADT that you could share with me?

i'm looking for high-end audio quality, will i find it here?

Old 22nd March 2006
Lives for gear
There's not many ADT users on this forum, but you might get a few replies. I've been making some enquires about some of their mixer modules, in particularly the eqs, and all the feedback I've received is very positive. I believe that their 'sound' is regarded as clean and transparent.

There's a guy somewhere on the forum who bought a load (like 20 or something) of these channel strips: . He'd be the best person to ask. Those are over 2,000 Euros each, so if your getting almost the equivilant of 16 of those + 8 stereo eqs + faders + 8 busses + whatever, it sounds like a good deal to me.

They'll be at the up coming MusicMesse in Frankfurt - I'd see if you can demo one there.

In case you haven't seen the mixer modules, here they are:
Old 22nd March 2006
Lives for gear
Oh...and those mixer modules are all available in vertical form too - which means you can build your own mixer exactly the way you want it and have it arranged the way it would be with a regular console.
Old 22nd March 2006
Lives for gear

indeed temas, i have been in touch with ADT already about possible configurations, etc.

Gerd is sending me a full toolmod channel strip with eq, compressor, etc. to evaluate.

man, he is such a sound guy. muchos kudos.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search