The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Line 6 Spider III combo to cab issue
Old 19th August 2011
Here for the gear

Line 6 Spider III combo to cab issue

Long story short, I'm between amp heads and am filling the gap with my old practice am (Line 6 Spider III 150 Watt Combo). Here's the issue... when plugged into my cab (Line 6 412VS 240 Watt 4X12) I still have signal flow going to the combo's speakers while all 4 cab speakers also have signal flow. The combo has a built in safety feature to avoid this that shuts down the combo speakers when plugged into the jacks. However, the combo's speakers are still active along with the cab. After practicing for about 30 minutes at a decent volume the combo begins to freak out, shuts down completely, or simply just won't play even though it's still on. After letting it sit for a couple minutes it'll come back and let me go for another half hour. I'm assuming the failed safety feature is causing some sort of power issue damaging the amp. It's just an old practice amp so I'm not to worried about it, except that I have a show coming up and need it to be reliable for at least 90 minutes. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 19th August 2011
Gear Addict

Disconnect the internal speaker. Then, get some of these:
Male/Female Insulated Quick-Disconnects (8-Pack) - RadioShack.com
Chop a speaker cable in 1/2, attach the male crimp connectors to + and - on the cut end. now you have a speaker cable that will attach to your amp where the internal speaker does.
you are overloading your amp...it is overheating and shutting down.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search