The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Best DYNAMIC Headset Mic
Old 18th August 2011
Here for the gear

Best DYNAMIC Headset Mic

Hello! I work for a band whose drummer currently uses an AKG 520 Condenser headset mic. The problem is the drums bleed HEAVILY into the vocal mic. So, can anyone recommend a remedy to this situation? I was thinking a dynamic headset mic would be the way to go, but it looks like there aren't that many out there. Anyone have any recommendations?
Old 18th August 2011
I believe the best solution is a Crown CM311 ... it's a noise cancelling condensor that sounds great. I have a wired version, and i'm expecting the wireless version anytime soon which I intend to use with my Line6 beltpack.

It's sort of like noise-cancelling headphones ... the sound entering the rear of the mic is subtracted from the sound entering the front of the mic. You can sit this on your lips and scream, and it doesn't distort or sound bad. Ultimate sound rejection.

This mic is special patented stuff, and AKG recently acquired Crown so I really hope they don't intend to snuff this ...

I guess it won't impress you that this mic is used by Garth Brookes, Janet Jackson, Bieber and most people who need a great headset mic. It's sturdy and slightly ugly, but it works.
Old 19th August 2011
Here for the gear

Thanks so much for the help Kiwi!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search